“I like it..”

Ranked #160 of 2,018 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Description: A quaint neighborhood cafe serving New Orleans favorite breakfast & brunch all day, everyday!
Reviewed February 4, 2013

when I went it was during jazz fest..and the line for everything was long.If you want to eat breakfast at RUBY..you must have patient. we wait about 45minute because we were lucky. some days we pass by the line was crazy long into the street. but the food and service was good..

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Menu had a nice assortment of choices! Lots of local favorites! Delicious food! Tasty Bloody Mary! We will be back!!!

1  Thank Amanda S
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Great breakfast well worth the money and food Is great love the shrimp and grits will be back next time in New Orleans

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This restaurant was near our hotel, conveniently located between Poydras and Canal. The food was so delicious, and (being from Kentucky) also unique. We have great southern food in Kentucky where I am from, but this was amazing. I think the first morning I had the special pancakes of the day = chocolate/banana. I was a little skeptical at first, wondering if one flavor might over power the other, but being that I was on vacation I tried them anyways. I'm glad I did, they were perfect! The next morning I decided to go back because I saw someone else with a meal that looked so uniquely appetizing. So I went back and got the Eggs Cochon. Believe me this is not something I would typically order based on the description alone. But seeing it, and then eating it....again, I was not disapointed. And it can't go without mentioning that while you wait (there is a bit of a wait, this place is pretty popular) you can go up to the breakfast bar and order great bloody mary's & mimosas. The service was great in that they were not trying to rush to flip tables, but they still made sure your coffee cup stayed filled.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Ruby's Slipper is open for breakfast and lunch. We ate there twice during a recent visit. The first time was a Sunday morning right before 11am where there was a long line outside the door, but we were seated at the bar within 5 minutes or so. It was perfectly comfortable sitting there and watching the choreographed moves behind the counter. All of our needs were taken care of. I ordered lunch items and my friend ordered breakfast. We were both delighted with our choices.
I had the chicken salad that was delicious. Also, I ordered fried green tomatoes. It was the first time ever eating them and they were crispy and delicious! My friend loved her egg dish.
The coffee was yummy and service was expertise. It was a pleasant time.
We returned a week later when we returned to New Orleans and arrived earlier on Sunday morning. The restaurant was filled by the time we left. This time we sat at a table. We each ordered breakfast items and were perfectly happy with our choices. Once again we had very pleasant and very efficient service.
I look forward to returning when I visit the area again.

Been to The Ruby Slipper Cafe? Share your experiences!