“BREAKFAST”

Ranked #155 of 2,018 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Description: A quaint neighborhood cafe serving New Orleans favorite breakfast & brunch all day, everyday!
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Great breakfast well worth the money and food Is great love the shrimp and grits will be back next time in New Orleans

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This restaurant was near our hotel, conveniently located between Poydras and Canal. The food was so delicious, and (being from Kentucky) also unique. We have great southern food in Kentucky where I am from, but this was amazing. I think the first morning I had the special pancakes of the day = chocolate/banana. I was a little skeptical at first, wondering if one flavor might over power the other, but being that I was on vacation I tried them anyways. I'm glad I did, they were perfect! The next morning I decided to go back because I saw someone else with a meal that looked so uniquely appetizing. So I went back and got the Eggs Cochon. Believe me this is not something I would typically order based on the description alone. But seeing it, and then eating it....again, I was not disapointed. And it can't go without mentioning that while you wait (there is a bit of a wait, this place is pretty popular) you can go up to the breakfast bar and order great bloody mary's & mimosas. The service was great in that they were not trying to rush to flip tables, but they still made sure your coffee cup stayed filled.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Ruby's Slipper is open for breakfast and lunch. We ate there twice during a recent visit. The first time was a Sunday morning right before 11am where there was a long line outside the door, but we were seated at the bar within 5 minutes or so. It was perfectly comfortable sitting there and watching the choreographed moves behind the counter. All of our needs were taken care of. I ordered lunch items and my friend ordered breakfast. We were both delighted with our choices.
I had the chicken salad that was delicious. Also, I ordered fried green tomatoes. It was the first time ever eating them and they were crispy and delicious! My friend loved her egg dish.
The coffee was yummy and service was expertise. It was a pleasant time.
We returned a week later when we returned to New Orleans and arrived earlier on Sunday morning. The restaurant was filled by the time we left. This time we sat at a table. We each ordered breakfast items and were perfectly happy with our choices. Once again we had very pleasant and very efficient service.
I look forward to returning when I visit the area again.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Nice little diner-y type place and the food was great! My friend had the shrimp and grits which was a little heavy on the rosemary for her but I had a taste and LOVED it. May try to make myself one of these days. I had the eggs Blackstone and SO YUMMY! How can you beat eggs Benedict on fluffy muffins? You can't. Check it out. Oh, and the poached eggs were done perfectly. Always the test of whether a breakfast spot knows what it's doing.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The breakfasts are great. The hostess is the absolute rudest individual I have ever met. Don't make the mistake of letting anyone in your party walk away from the front door ... she will give your table away. THen she seated us by the door and we were freezing and they would not move us. We had already ordered our breakfast or we would have walked out. Even though the breakfasts are good and the menu is extensive, I am not sure the rude staff are worth it with all of the great places to eat in NOLA

1  Thank nomadforeverandever