Tripadvisor

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

Ok so like I was told cafe beignet was better.. IT IS NOT. Cafe du monde is genuinely so much better. So not even bother w the other place. Just go to cafe du monde

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (37,974)

Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

I know it’s not much and the seating isn’t the greatest. The beignets are!!!! It’s a must do in New Orleans!! The craziness of it is all a part of the experience!!

Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

The beignets were good, not too sweet and the powdered sugar compensated for it with the hot chocolate I had. The staff was nice, friendly, fast, clean and quick paced! I have to hand it down to the mature women working there and busting their butts! A round of applause to everyone! Cashiers, cooks, cleaning line, servers, each and everyone of them are what keeps the place running. The friendly staff is what kept me coming back every day of my trip. The coffee was a little bland, but the hot chocolate was delicious! They’re extremely hot, but perfect to hold and walk around the French Quarter with on the cold days. Great staff!

Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

The best way to enjoy these delicious beignets is to go late at night and get them from the time go window. This is the first trip I’ve had beignets from several places around town. I’m sad to report that these are now second on my list of recommendations rather than the first. I do love their frozen coffee though!

Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

My husband and I had a layover in New Orleans and we decided to have dessert at Cafe du Monde at the airport. My husband is from Louisiana and had never eaten a beignet. It had been years since I was last in New Orleans and had one.

We shared an order of beignets. You get 3 in the bag. They were delicious and reasonably priced.

After eating I didn’t want to board our connecting flight I wanted to continue our stay in New Orleans.

Date of visit: January 2020

Been to Cafe Du Monde? Share your experiences!