“Fast service - get it to go”
Review of Cafe Du Monde

Cafe Du Monde
Ranked #6 of 20 Bakeries in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, French, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The best way to enjoy these delicious beignets is to go late at night and get them from the time go window. This is the first trip I’ve had beignets from several places around town. I’m sad to report that these are now second on my list of recommendations rather than the first. I do love their frozen coffee though!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (37,939)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I had a layover in New Orleans and we decided to have dessert at Cafe du Monde at the airport. My husband is from Louisiana and had never eaten a beignet. It had been years since I was last in New Orleans and had one.

We shared an order of beignets. You get 3 in the bag. They were delicious and reasonably priced.

After eating I didn’t want to board our connecting flight I wanted to continue our stay in New Orleans.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went to both locations but enjoyed the City Park location best. You are not packed in with a line waiting to get in, the scenery is much nicer. There's no long line running through the restaurant to use the rather disgusting bathroom in the kitchen.
Now for the meat...everyone raves about the beignets and they are delicious. I thought they'd just be fried dough or donut like (and I'm not a big fan of either).
They are way better BUT the coffee is really, really good. The park location let me taste the frozen mocha and iced Cafe au lait to decide which I preferred. Although the mocha was good it was too sweet for me. I chose the iced chicory/coffee Cafe au lait.
My husband had the hot coffee. Both were rich and delicious.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Having lived in New Orleans since 2003, I have been to the assorted Cafe Du Monde restaurant many times, and it’s always a great experience - one that is an absolute must do during your New Orleans vacations.
Things to know:
- it isn’t really a “breakfast spot”. If you’re really hungry, you will likely not leave full.
- While they do have standard coffee, most order the cafe au lair, which is a 50-50 mix of Chicory (think potent coffee with a southern twist) and hot milk. Try it!
- Beignets are the other Cafe Du Monde must try. They are little dough balls deep fried and covered in powdered sugar. So.. good!....
- If you go to the Cafe Du Monde in the French Quarter (which is where most people do go) expect a line. Thankfully, it tends to move fairly quickly, and depending on the time of day the line can be longer or shorter, but there is always a line....
Ok, enough said, just go. You will be disappointed, and have missed a big New Orleans “check in the box” if you don’t go!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We loved this place. The beignets were absolutely delicious and the coffee too. Worth the wait. A stop here is a must.

Date of visit: January 2020

Been to Cafe Du Monde? Share your experiences!