“A wonderfully messy and awesome experience ”
Review of Cafe Du Monde

Cafe Du Monde
Ranked #7 of 21 Bakeries in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, French, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The smiling service and the wonderfully messy beignets and coffee, being shared with your few best friends, and street performers, is a quintessential New Orleans experience. Accept no substitute.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (36,664)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

(see what I did there?) but on a serious note this place lives up to the hype. I don't even have a sweet tooth and enjoyed my Beignet. Had to make sure I got extra for the plane ride home.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We were told this was a must stop on our trip to NOLA. Beignets look like a doughnut but taste like a funnel cake only softer and fuller. Covered in powdered sugar of course. Self seating at a table or you can walk up to the counter. We had finished dinner elsewhere and decided to sit. Our waiter kindly explained there are three to an order, which we decided to share. They arrived hot, fresh and delicious. It was late and warm so we did not opt for coffee but we definitely enjoyed the beignets here. Cash only!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It's Cafe Du Monde, a must for anyone's first time to New Orleans. The coffee is the best part in my opinion.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Had my first real beignets today with my wife. Would definitely recommend to anyone. Next time we come to New Orleans will definitely visit again. They definitely keep the powdered sugar industry alive lol

Date of visit: September 2019

Been to Cafe Du Monde? Share your experiences!