“Buzzing with the feel of New Orleans”
Review of Cafe Du Monde

Cafe Du Monde
Ranked #2 of 59 Coffee & Tea in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, French, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed January 19, 2014

The outdoor patio is a must night or day. Live street musicians serenade you as you enjoy the famous beignets covered in white powdered sugar (don't wear dark colored clothing). People watching and relaxing with friends was a highlight of our visit.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Du Monde

Reviewed January 18, 2014

NoLa's version of a donut. Served with lashings of powdered sugar. Should be eaten hot, and if possible inside the cafe.
I ordered it to go which was faster, but had to contend with a shirt and jeans splattered with powdered sugar lol.
You can easily get beignet in most cafés in NoLa, but this is the spot to savor the famous beignet and soak up some history.

1  Thank Milehighclub
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I've had better powdered doughnuts, and definitely have had better tasting coffee. I came here because of all the hype, but it's not all it's made up to be. If I was walking by hungry and the place was empty I might stop and have some but otherwise I'd keep moving.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Want can I say it's almost a prerequisite that when in New Orleans that you visit cafe du monde. It's a pretty simple menu, Beignets and coffee, and both are excellent here! The service is friendly and the Beignets are always fresh and tasty! Make sure you bring cash because they don't take credit.

1  Thank BobbyNfromWF
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We stopped mid afternoon in January since everyone said we had to go there. it is conveniently located near Jackson Square. We were able to find a table for five right away. The beignets were really very good. Much less greasy than Zepoles. Everyone enjoyed them . I didn't have the coffee but heard it was good. Not a highlight of our trip but would recommmend.

Been to Cafe Du Monde? Share your experiences!