“Yum.”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Beignets drenched in confectioner's sugar and piping hot cafe au lait. That's all and it's wonderful! The line moves much faster than you would think!

Write a ReviewReviews (28,359)

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Hands down, the best beignets New Orleans has to offer. Don't wear black...lots of powdered sugar! LOL We dumped the excess into the wonderful chicory coffee!! Do not miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity!!

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

If you are going to new orleans, leave the diet at home!! You have to enjoy a plate of beignets at cafe du monde. Friend sweet dough, covered in icing sugar yes its sweet and fattening but whats new orleans without tasting the famous beignet? Wash it down with a cafe au lait.
While you listen to street musicians

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I sat myself at a table with no waiting, on a Friday evening, no less, and had my order of cafe au lait and 3 beignet on my table less than 10 minutes later. Don't worry about being waited on, those ladies know who's in their sections.
The coffee was good and hot and the beignet were decent. As advertised, they were loaded with baking sugar. I ate all three without adding any sugar to my shirt by breaking the pastries apart while still on the saucer.
With a decent tip, this adventure set me back seven dollars. You'll be expected to pay when your order is served and that's the best time to include the tip.
The people watching was incomparable and free.
My experience was quite pleasant and a nice break from wandering the streets.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

As recommended by a friend and since I could not find a good desert shop on tripadvisor, we walked here on a cold Saturday night from Harrah's.

It has a nice location as we sat by the rail and watched the hose carriages coming and going. Our sever was there right away and made sure we knew cash only and explained Beignets as we had never had any before.

Our order of coffee, hot coco and beignets (covered with powdered sugar, woohoo) came quickly and we had a very nice time and will definitely come back again.

Been to Cafe Du Monde? Share your experiences!