“NOLA Bucket List Item!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Du Monde

Cafe Du Monde
Ranked #2 of 77 Coffee & Tea in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Chicago, Illinois
“NOLA Bucket List Item!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

We walked to Café Du Monde for an after dinner treat on our first evening in NOLA. Yummy Beignets and chicory coffee. We had no trouble finding a table outside. Service was good.

• Visited April 2013

• Turkish first
Manila, Philippines
“beignets!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

dont go home without trying the beignets! just go to the take-out counter. there's always a long line. but the staff are fast and efficient so it's only 5-10 minutes in line. eat your beignets while hot :)

Visited November 2012
Greeley, CO
“Touristy but worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I knew Cafe du Monde was a tourist trap but I just HAD to try it. I am so glad we did! It was very busy (of course) but we got a table right away and I loved that the menu was right there on the napkin holder and you just placed your order from the table instead of standing in line. My husband and I shared the Beignets and each had an iced cafe au lait. The food was very reasonably priced (whole thing was like $12) and was very fast and TASTY. Oh man, I wish we would've each bought one order of the Beignets instead of sharing one. Ha ha. What else was cool is that it is a sort of open dining experience and right outside was a musician who was a very good James Taylor and Van Morrison cover artist. It was so great to sit and listen to good music while enjoying our treats. I would definitely recommend a visit.

• Visited April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“A MUST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Saw a lot of other places that make/sell be beignets...but I would never eat them in NO except at Cafe DuMonde.If you come to NOLA you must come her.

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Best place to go for Beignets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I am a solo traveler and went here for breakfast and there is a great atmosphere. The Beignets are so tasty and will fill you up for the morning. The service is quite quick and it is a bit of a different place to go. Dont order the hot chocolate that was not good.

• Visited May 2013