“French doughnuts anyone?”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Ladies and gentlemen prepare yourself for some indulgence! The wait was like 10 minutes to get seated but I did not mind because the restaurant was across Jackson Park. Best French doughnuts and coffee I have had for a long time! A must! You can buy the doughnut mix to take it back home with you!

There are newer reviews for Cafe Du Monde

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was one of the musts on our to do list. The lines were long and crazy. Rude people were easily able to jump in front of you. We opted to do counter service and take them to our room. It was hot and busy and the ladies behind the counter were grumpy. They were busy but most of us were new to the City and not exactly sure of the process. They weren't very helpful just wanted to get to the next in line. The food was average and we quickly learned that just because it's the first doesn't mean there aren't others that can compete. If you buy the confections eat them quickly because the next morning they were hard as bricks. Sad because that's what we had planned for breakfast. All in all we would have been sad to not try but we'll opt for a lower key location next trip.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

It's supposed to be the best for beignets (French donuts) but not sure that it should be. Just so-so and coffee so-so. Because they mound donuts with about an inch of powdered sugar, there is powder everywhere. The bathrooms are teeney-tiny rooms which they only have 2 so the line is very, very long. Not even sure if they are in compiance over all because there was water everywhere especially where the dishes/trays are set up and food is ultimately picked up. No papertowelsand when I asked a server told me just to take some off a roll which was right next to the silverware! Dissappointed in this landmark establishment!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Any visit to Nawlins deserves a visit to Cafe du Monde for their famous Beignets. The best in the world. Plus is a good people watching spot.....

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is a one trick pony place that serves only one item of food and drinks. While in New Orleans we ALWAYS go to Cafe Du Monde for breakfast but on March 17, 2003 we weren't served with the former quality of service we're use to. I placed our order and the waiter took it, then sat right in front of us for 10 minutes as if on break. About 20 minutes later (after I swung my arms back and forth to get his attention to place an additional order) he brought our food, my grandsons loved the food so we asked for two additional orders, for which the same waiter replied "give me a second..........come back later and get another order" (he told me this twice more). Then he told me my order was $14.90 and gave me five ones from a twenty. He stood there waiting for his tip and reminded me he gave me five ones....I responded "give me a second, come back later for a tip" he said "what did you say" I said "I'll tip you when you come back with my additional order that we could have already been finished with". He never came back, but then another lady came with the order and I tipped her promptly. He took a break, sat down, served us after far too much time went by and then refused to serve us additional food while we ate the first order and then had the nerve to demand a tip. Cafe Du Monde has surely lowered their service standards.