“Small and not so good...”

Boutique du Vampyre
Ranked #2 of 232 Shopping in New Orleans
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The place where vampire's shop. The boutique features items crafted by local artists. Some of the items include stained glass bats and gargoyles, gothic jewelry, hats, capes and costumes created by our seemstress Lady Angelic, and our famous fortune candles that we have to select for each customer. Visiting the boutique is an experience you will never forget. We like to keep our customers for eternity.
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Small and not so good...”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

The shop was small and, as a crafter, i can say that a lot of what they sell are way overprice... I was sad...
Or maybe i had too mutch expectations...:-(

1 Thank Caroline M

New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“This Place is Better Than Awesome!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I had known about the Boutique du Vampyre for awhile. I always had stopped in for a minute to say hi and look around, to see whats new and dream about having all of this stuff I want, and occasionally pick up a Bottle of True Blood.... And then a good friend of mine moved back to the city (New Orleans) and I had met her kids when they were very young but had never met them as the (very) Young adults they had become. Well mom had told me that their birthdays were coming up. (four years and one week exactly appart) They had just lost their Grandmother and moved back to the city in which they were born so I figured that I should probably get them gifts. I found out that the eldest of the two girls was very much in to Vampires and Heavy Metal and what not. And the Younger girl liked Dolls, so I said to my self "This is a Job for the Vampire Shop!" I had told Marita that I really didn't know these young ladies very well but I'd love to get them something really cool from her shop. She recommended and custom made a very cool Charm Candle that she still burns today, Mom messages me every time a new charm pops out and the Kid has made a sort of display with them. The younger kid was harder though. I told Mom about the shop and the assortment of Dolls, so I brought her to the shop and she bought her the coolest Doll that she totes every where she goes and takes very good care of her I can't remember the name she gave her but she loves it to death. I ended up getting her a big ol bag of Chocolate covered Gummy Worms, but in short the Vampire shop had hit the home run for these precious young ladies first birthdays back in their home city! Thank You So Much Marita and Steve and staff for being the best themed Boutique in New Orleans let alone the World! I highly recommend Boutique du Vampyre for anyone who wants to bring that perfect gift home from New Orleans, as well as New Orleanians who are looking for that Halloween Charm that you definitely aren't going to find anywhere else but there. Kudos on having an excellent original store! Sincerely Jason Beckhouse

Visited October 2012
Tampa, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The best gift shop in New Orleans!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Boutique du Vampyre continually offers new and interesting "souvenirs" from New Orleans. Not your typical tourist shop, I can alwayd find unique, locally made items at a good value. We never miss visiting Marita and Stephen when we're in New Orleans!

Visited May 2013
Bastrop, Texas
“Uniquely Wonderful Shop-Supports the local artist community”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Boutique du Vampyre is a wonderful NOLA find!!! We found an array of "off the beaten path" gifts. It has something for everyone-books, jewelry, handcrafted voodoo dolls made the ol' fashion way & other art pieces created by local artist...This place is a must see!!! If this isn't enough, the willingness from the staff to enhance our NOLA experience by sharing their knowledge of the area was worth a conversation!!! FYI, looking for a NOLA tour-BOOK through them at a discounted rate which is well worth it!!! See you again!!

Visited September 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“You Have to Visit Here!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Boutique du Vampyre is a must see. It has everything you could possibly want if you are into Vampires. If you aren't you must still see this place. Marita, the owner, is so awesome. She is very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. She will also direct you to other interesting places to visit in the area. She will not steer you wrong. You will not be disappointed that you visited this place. It has everything from books to candles to jewelry and more. I had my fangs done there, shout out to Maven, and I couldn't be any happier. I will make it a point to visit Boutique du Vampyre every time I'm in New Orleans! Trust me, it is worth the visit. This is the real deal not some commercial store.

Visited August 2013