“Oysters great, shrimp with Remoulade great, gumbo not sur if canned.”

Orleans Grapevine Wine Bar and Bistro
Ranked #28 of 2,033 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: This beautiful two-story building was erected in 1809 by Antoine Angué where he opened the Vieux Carré’s first Creole Bistro called, The Restaurant d’Orleans. Today, the property is owned by the noted local business team of Pam Fortner and Earl Bernhardt. Lovingly renovated with its prestigious past in mind, The Orleans Grapevine continues the tradition by offering discriminating diners the best in fine dining and an extensive wine list in a beautiful, intimate yet relaxed atmosphere. We feature many unique and seasonal special dishes & specials.
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Waiter very nice, recommended cocktail not that nice. The oysters a must. The shrimp with Remoulade very good. Don't go for the gumbo.

1  Thank Martina R
Gerald G, General Manager at Orleans Grapevine Wine Bar and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Thanks for coming in. Glad you enjoyed our food and service. I'm sorry our gumbo was not to your liking. I can assure you our gumbo doesn't come from a can. All of our food is made completely from scratch. Our chef spends an hour just making the roux for the gumbo.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,431)

Reviewed July 5, 2014

My husband and I stumbled across this restaurant and bar when looking for a quick meal. The food was out of this world. Try the Crab Cakes - amazing; and the seared scallops with mushroom and wild rice. As true to their name they have a wonderful range of wines. Our wait staff were attentive, informative and generally just nice people. i would highly recommend for a quiet evening meal or lunch - off Bourbon Street but not too far away from the action. Well done.

2  Thank ippigirl
Reviewed July 5, 2014

They have a happy hour every day from 4:30 to 7:00. They have great food at happy hour and great salads. Their drinks are cold and the place is nice and clean. Great atmosphere.

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Let the wife and daughter go shopping and people watching. Took a stroll to see what I could find. First found Cresent City Cigar Shop where the owner Armando turned me on to a great smoke, I asked him where I should go to enjoy it, by chance right next door is this hidden gem. Interior patio with ferns, palm trees and a fountain. Had the cabernet flight and the baked brie with strawberry and balsamic jam. Yum! Off the beaten path and hustle of bourbon. The menu looks great for dinner and the wine list is extensive. I will be back. Chelsea my server was polite and knowledgeable.

1  Thank jmcobbs
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Food was quite good. Great little courtyard out back. Definitely a ‘casual’ fine dining experience. Happy, relaxed atmosphere.