“Old World Feel”

Ranked #28 of 2,033 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: This beautiful two-story building was erected in 1809 by Antoine Angué where he opened the Vieux Carré’s first Creole Bistro called, The Restaurant d’Orleans. Today, the property is owned by the noted local business team of Pam Fortner and Earl Bernhardt. Lovingly renovated with its prestigious past in mind, The Orleans Grapevine continues the tradition by offering discriminating diners the best in fine dining and an extensive wine list in a beautiful, intimate yet relaxed atmosphere. We feature many unique and seasonal special dishes & specials.
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is the Second time I have been to the Orleans Grapevine Wine Bar and Bistro. Great selection of Wines and cheeses. Main courses are so well presented and absolutely delicious! The ambiance of this place is what really sets it apart from so many other places in the Quarter. Artwork adorns the old brick walls and the lighting is very soothing. According to all the books I have read on this particular address it was a gathering site for many Bohemian thinking residents of the quarter back in the day. Great place to unwind and enjoy what New Orleans all has to offer. I will certainly be eating here again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,431)

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We wanted to drink a glass of wine and have a nice meal in a quiet place away from the crowds. We wanted the option to eat something besides gumbo, crayfish, shrimp, oysters, etc. in heavy sauces and also a place that wasn't attached to some celebrity chef because we'd had plenty of that after a week in NOLA. We stepped into the charming courtyard of the Orleans Grapevine Wine Bar and Bistro, and knew it fit the bill perfectly. This is a great date-night restaurant or a place to gather with close friends to dine & chat.

The wine selection was nice, and our server helped us select a perfect bottle to go with our meal. The baked brie was lovely, though I would have preferred that it be a little riper because I like it runny. Everything we had there was quite good -- not superb (with one exception), but very good, but the ambiance made it special. Service was fairly good, but they could have been a little more attentive. At times we felt forgotten.

The gem of the evening's meal, for me, was dessert: the French Mousse. It's so hard to find chocolate mousse on a menu these days, and it's a favorite of mine. Theirs was beautiful. I'd go just for that with a glass of port.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

The bill for 3 people with no drinks or appetizer came to more than 75.00......
The food was okay, nothing extraordinary. Some items listed on their website menu were not on the actual hard copy menu in the restaurant. It is a cozy welcoming spot and the wait staff was very nice...... I just felt that I could have paid way less and eaten better at a variety of other spots in town. My Vegetable plate (the only vegetarian item on them menu) was 18.00 for vegetables and rice and it wasn't especially wonderful. Certainly not bad, but not great!

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and have said more than once "we need to go there one night"
Well tonight was the night and the food was fantastic, the wine selection is very good and they have a killer happy hour bottle price. The roasted garlic in the mussels is to die for. We plan to return soon. If you can eat in the courtyard, it's like stepping out of the city for a while and into this very comfortable atmosphere. This is a must stop!!

1  Thank EAN_Diver
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The 8 oz filet had great flavor and was cooked perfectly. Great wine selection too. Try the Prisoner. Also get a table in the courtyard if one is available.