“Hidden treasure”

Orleans Grapevine Wine Bar and Bistro
Ranked #18 of 1,939 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: French, American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: This beautiful two-story building was erected in 1809 by Antoine Angué where he opened the Vieux Carré’s first Creole Bistro called, The Restaurant d’Orleans. Today, the property is owned by the noted local business team of Pam Fortner and Earl Bernhardt. Lovingly renovated with its prestigious past in mind, The Orleans Grapevine continues the tradition by offering discriminating diners the best in fine dining and an extensive wine list in a beautiful, intimate yet relaxed atmosphere. We feature many unique and seasonal special dishes & specials.
San Antonio, Texas
“Hidden treasure”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We ran up on this because it was directly across the street from our hotel. The food is to die for. It was delicious, and the service was great! I would definitely come back here. The ambiance is beautiful in the court yard.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank taj702

Crestview, Florida
“Great food and server!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My friend and I came to NOLA for a little getaway before I had to start my new job. We went on line and found the Orleans Grapevine Wine Bar and Bistro. We called for a reservation and got right in. Great wine list, great menu. Our server was outstanding! We sat out back on the patio and she even turned the fan in our direction...We asked if we could split our meal as we wanted a salad, app, and entrée. She said no problem. The wine list was interesting and her help on picking one that was compatible. They also served hot bread with a blueberry butter that was very nice. We had the mixed salad with Roquefort cheese and port pears and vinaigrette. Then we ordered the New Orleans BBQ Shrimp, again nice portion...not the best I have had but still very good. Then we ordered the Rack of Lamb with Truffled Mash potatoes and baby vegetables. OMG! There were two racks, perfectly cooked and plenty of food for two people. Very worth the $32 price tag---especially since we split! We didn't have room for dessert, but I would gladly go back for wine and dessert on another occasion.

1 Thank Cheryl N
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Wonderful Again”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have eaten here several times, and have tried many items on the menu. This is absolutely a wonderful place. Just had a cheese board and wine this time, but it was fabulous. Try the beef cuts (any/all) they are delicious. Have always had wonderful service and this time was no exception with 3 waitstaff members rotating around us. Can't wait to go back!

Arlington, Texas
“Good food but the worst service EVER!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

After our appetizer course and having to repeatedly ask our server Ron for our wine (which we never got), we decided to forgo the test of the meal. We had to get up and get our own silverware as well...too bad because what we did order as appetizers, it was delicious.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank KmBuck
Venice, Italy
“Very enjoyable!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I came here because I had heard wonderful reviews! I am a local in the French Quarter and knew that I had to check this place out. I was warmly greeted by Bennet and Sunshine! I sat at the bar and enjoyed a delicious wine flight accompanied with a cheese plate. The environment was quiet and perfect after a long day at work. I highly recommend checking out this wine bar!

2 Thank Brodie P