“Loved it!”

Ranked #24 of 1,964 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: This beautiful two-story building was erected in 1809 by Antoine Angué where he opened the Vieux Carré’s first Creole Bistro called, The Restaurant d’Orleans. Today, the property is owned by the noted local business team of Pam Fortner and Earl Bernhardt. Lovingly renovated with its prestigious past in mind, The Orleans Grapevine continues the tradition by offering discriminating diners the best in fine dining and an extensive wine list in a beautiful, intimate yet relaxed atmosphere. We feature many unique and seasonal special dishes & specials.
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Loved it!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This restaurant was directly across the street from our hotel & it doesn't look like much - we weren't even sure it was open! Boy, were we fooled! It's cozy inside- maybe about 10 tables and a nice bar. There is an outside patio, which was holding a private party the nite we were there.

Everything on the menu looked wonderful. we opted to share several appetizers just so we could try more & everything was superb. Our only regret was that we didn't find this gem sooner - I would have eaten here every nite! And our server was excellent!

3 Thank Kaiolohiakids

Houston, Texas
“Ouch...I wish I had the same experience as the other Reviewers”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Atmosphere and location was great, but the service was terrible and our food was under cooked. We got the attention of management who apologized. I tried to finish my chicken (even though my stomach had shrunk from the 1-1/2 hours wait on food and watching other tables be served and leave), but I knew it was over when the roach ran across the floor in front of me. Yes we were on a patio and I'm from the South and used to roaches, but I just couldn't do it anymore. I wanted to cry at that point. My friend has been there several times and enjoyed his experience. I wish I could say the same.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank TouristaDeTejas
Chino, California
“We loved their desserts and outside tables”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

A nice quaint restaurant, a half block from Bourbon St. just tucked away on a quiet side street, we enjoyed their desserts and winding down before going to bed. They have delicious french press coffee, amazing bread pudding, and average creme brulee. Great staff took care of us even when the kitchen had closed they helped us get last minute eats.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Chazz B
San Carlos, CA
“Best find of our trip”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Ate here when we arrived late into the French Quarter without dining reservations, and it was suggested by our B&B hosts. We thought perhaps it was just a wine bar, but were we surprised. Excellent food and great service, great choice of interesting wines. You need to come early to get a seat in the inner courtyard, which is very pleasant, and seems like down home New Orleans. Scallops mentioned in other reviews great, as was really everything. Desserts also very good, and prices quite reasonable. We had a waitress who had come down from NYC after graduating from a university there, and she was wonderfully entertaining and informative. The visit was so good we planned a second visit during our week to recheck, and it was just as good. Our other restaurants included Commander's Palace, K-Pauls and Bayona, and this seemed almost as good food-wise.

2 Thank Glenn W
San Francisco, California
“A Real Find”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Four of us ate dinner here last night. The food was as fine as we have had in New Orleans, and the service was the best one could ask for. The waiter, Ron, was not only knowedgeable about food selection and preparation for this restaurant, New Orleans in general; but he knew a lot about other restaurants in other cities. Ask for a courtyard table, as it is a hidden gem. We have been married for 50 years, and we met a couple at the next table who were on their honeymoon.

2 Thank Patricia S