“Major disappointment”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Has a cute balcony. That's all I can say. Ordered the popcorn crab Caesar salad after asking our waitress how much meat is actually on the salad. After a very pained conversation, with no help in which she had no idea what the crab looked like or how much meat or whether it would be good, I decided to try anyway. Had almost no meat and was all breading which I specifically asked about. And I never got the tomatoes I requested. She even brought the wrong check. Get it together!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

As a group of 7 with one vegetarian, we struggled when walking through the French Quarter to find restaurants that would provide more than a salad to the vegetarian. La Bayou was a pleasant surprise and they happily made a vegetarian version of the muffaletta sandwich with friend green tomatoes instead of the traditional meats. It was the only example we found of a restaurant willing to take some of their menu items and make them veg friendly while still maintaining some of that unique NOLA food.

Everyone else enjoyed their entrees - traditional muffaletta, gumbo, sampler platter, oysters.

Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

The food ia amazing. And the deep fried cheese cake is out of this world.... Plus the service is great!!! We has a wonderful girl serve is and she was super nice and helpful... Will be going back for more!

Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I was visiting New Orleans to do some business research and came upon this wonderful restaurant, nestled in the heart of a bustling Bourbon Street, to have dinner by myself. Despite the post craziness of the Super Bowl and Mardi Gras, this was a happy accident and the street was very busy, but not outrageous as usual (and it was only Wednesday of course). The server, Jessica, was a sweet and patient worker who was generous with her tourism advice. I was the only one left on the balcony level (overlooking the street) since it was very late, so Jessica took her time to talk about New Orleans and the local artist whose work was displayed on the walls (Micalopolus)! The food was excellent, by the way, as the reviews indicated and I was not disappointed by Jessica's recommendation (Jambalaya Pasta). I will come back here when in town again! As you can imagine, it's not easy finding a restaurant on Bourbon (mostly bars).

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had the " taste of the bayou", a series of gumbo, red beans and rice, crawfish et toufee. Very tasty. My other friends had the fried shrimp platter. They raved about it.