“Nice surprise!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Bayou Restaurant - CLOSED

Le Bayou Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: French Quarter
“Nice surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We did not plan on eating here but the guy standing outside was so friendly we figured what the heck. My husband and I had a couple of poboys; the big easy (get it fried) and the roast beef. Both were good in their own way. I really liked the sauce on the big easy poboy. The bread is outstanding. They also have spectacular bread pudding!! Yum. Roscoe was our server; he was right on. Very professional and polite. Nice little place!

San Francisco, California
“Good food, great beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Love this place. Second time visiting. Food is good and the drinks are very good. Price is as expected for location (Bourbon street). Try the southern pecan ale...great beer.

Santee, CA
“Great food and conveniently located.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Our food was fantastic - I ordered the Taste of New Orleans (gumbo, jumbalya, red beans & rice) and my husband had an Alligator Po Boy. Service was Average with a few speed bumps - Took a while to receive our food (but it was New Years weekend) and when we did our waitress had ordered the wrong Po Boy. So my husband had to drool over my food while he waited another 10 tens. But the food and location are definitely worth it. We would have loved to have gone back for more.

• Visited December 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Didn't pass my Cajun Girl test!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

The food was not horrible and most people would never know it wasn't like I grew up with in South La. First we had the Boudin, I failed to notice before ordering that it was Boudin Balls....what are boudin balls? What happened to the fantastic Boudin links like the way it comes naturally? I guess I'm a purist. Next we had the Shrimp Remoulade, it also did not pass muster, it was a few cocktaill size (tiny) shrimpies mixed in sauce a top fried tomatoes. We go to the city five or six times a year and will not be adding this to our list of must dos.

We chose the place because it has an open air feel and a lively bar scene, I'd try the oyster bar if i went back!

Visited January 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Best on Bourbon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Kudos to La Bayou for being open on Christmas day. We had a wonderful Christmas dinner while visiting NOLA with great service and great food. The bourbon-glazed chicken was outstanding as was the crab-stuffed catfish. All the creole dishes were excellent as well. Definitely a must-do while in the French Quarter (if it's cold or you want to talk, ask for a table upstairs.)

• Visited December 2012