“Fantastic breakfast and service!”

Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 139 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Washington, DC
“Fantastic breakfast and service!”
Reviewed May 5, 2007

I stayed at the Creole Gardens for 2.5 weeks and thoroughly enjoyed my experience. Annie, the breakfast cook is fantastic! Her cooking, care, and company are some of my fondest memories of New Orleans. Uly has customer service at the top of his agenda and made sure that I was comfortable throughout my stay.
The rooms are beautifully and individually decorated so that you get a welcoming and comfortable feeling, compared to the cookie cutter rooms of hotel chains. The location is also convenient to the sights and food of the Garden District and is a quick and easy journey to the French Quarter while providing an escape from the craziness of Bourbon Street, if desired. I would definitely stay here again the next time I'm in New Orleans.

• Liked — Annie and her breakfasts, the claw-footed bathtub
  • Disliked — some areas weren't well lit at night
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank bomoon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Columbus
Reviewed April 12, 2007

Creole Gardens is our second home in the city of our hearts, New Orleans. My *new* husband and I eloped to NOLA Easter weekend and had the most magical time. From staying at Creole, where everyone is kind and helpful, to getting married on the Square, it was a weekend we will never forget. Creole was a great choice as a home base for our eloping adventure! Room #3 in the Mansion was as romantic as it could be. High ceilings, gorgeous antiques, lovely sunlight streaming through the windows and a little porch with a cafe table overlooking the lush, colorful courtyard. The bed was comfy and the water pressure (one of my "things") in the shower was fantastic! Creole Gardens is a true piece of New Orleans, colorful, unique, generous in spirit and a place we will certainly return to again and again. The location was perfect for us—close enough to the Quarter, the Garden District and Magazine street to make sightseeing and shopping a breeze. And we cannot forget the wonderful hospitality of Annie, the breakfast magician! My *new* husband is addicted to her homemade Cajun sausage and I personally am going to try to recreate her grits the next time I get a chance. The breakfast room is beautiful and a great place for a quiet bite, or a place to meet fellow travelers. If you are looking for some cookie-cutter, impersonal hotel experience, this is not the place for you—if you are looking to make connections with people and stay in a beautiful home, this is the place! We love it and miss it ... boo hoo.

• Liked — Beautiful, unique, kindness of staff
  • Disliked — we had to leave
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank avalon7
Miami
Reviewed March 30, 2007

I stayed at Creole Gardens this week and wanted to let everyone know how great the staff are here! Everyone is so friendly and helpful, and the breakfasts (cooked to order by Annie) are excellent - certainly a great start to the day :) Each room here has its own character, but is decorated in a very cute New Orleans style. Worth a visit!

Stayed March 2007
2 Thank red_violin
New York
Reviewed February 22, 2007

Creole Gardens is by far the warmest, most magical experience that I have ever had in any hotel or bed and breakfast!!! Creole Gardens is cozy, beautiful and carries an air air of charm and mystery that you can only find in New Orleans! My friends and I visited for Mardi Gras and we literally had a lush haven away from the Bourbon street mess. We could walk two blocks from the bed and breakfast and watch all the spectacular parades with all the locals families, dancing, drinking and enjoying the celebration. Afterwards we came back and relaxed underneath the palms in the courtyard, beautiful and soothing! The breakfast was delicious!!! Amazing southern food, the cook is out of this world!! The rooms are stunningly exotic, comfy and charming. We stayed in the Bordello, which had red walls, lace curtains, perfect for an evening of romance! The staff was so friendly that I did not want to leave. I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else!!!

• Liked — The cozy rooms, amazing food and the charming, lovely staff
  • Disliked — That I couldn't stay longer! No complaints!!
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends
4 Thank kitcatcabral
Porltalnd OR
Reviewed February 17, 2007

So much fun to stay at the Creole Gardens. Rooms are clean, breakfast is yummy and served to order. Comfy patio area to hang out and meet new friends. When I go back to New Orleans I will stay there again. Thanks for everything

Stayed February 2007
2 Thank pdxgroup
Atlanta
Reviewed February 12, 2007

My cousin and I stayed at the Creole Gardens and loved it. the bed was amazing, the colors and decor of the room we stayed in were fun and festive.....our room had original artwork, great little touches with the furnishings----exactly the opposite of what you'd get in a regular hotel where everything is standard and is the same. Personally, I love quirky, fun, funky places (which is, I guess, why I love New Orleans) and if I want boring, uniform or sedate, there are any number of hotels I can stay in. I guess I love this place because it's like staying in a big, eccentric house that a really cool, artistic friend of your's has---and I just don't mean the furnishings, but also the atmosphere, the food (the home cooked huge breakfast), the friendliness, the fact that this is a REAL place, run by real people, and not just another stodgy B and B or corporate hotel. Honestly, I am so happy to find authentic places left in this world that I practically turn cartwheels when I stumble into one of them. Thank goodness New Orleans has places like this----(can't imagine it being in a different kind of city). Long live the Creole Gardens!! Long live New Orleans!!!!

Stayed February 2007
3 Thank Jukejoint5
Bay Area
Reviewed February 8, 2007

I stayed at the Creole Gardens in November of 2006 and it is truly a magical place. We arrived late at night and of course I had forgotten to let them know. Although the office was closed, I found my key and room easily. I was amazed at how personable and friendly everyone there was. The breakfasts were great and it felt like I was a member of the family. I will stay there every time I visit New Orleans in the future!

• Liked — Relaxed and friendly atmosphere
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple