If you are sick and tired of the blah humbug of chain hotels, this one will knock your socks off! Each room is screaming with it's own bi-polar personality. NOT your daddy's Super-8 motel.
Parking was tight, but we got our family mini-van and my miata parked right in front during the Labor Day Holiday. The owner will be glad to give you a history lesson on how his place fared during Katrina and give you a map, with directions to the more notable Katrina stricken areas if you ask.
The breakfast on Sunday was fabulous, made to order and delivered to your table in the great dining room. Options ranged from grits, eggs, bacon, cajun sausage, pancakes, doughnuts, bananas, coffee bagles, cold cereal and orange juice.
Unfortunately on Monday, there was only a bowl of fruit, bagles and English Muffins, cold cereal, coffee and orange juice.
My 3 kids ages 14, 15 and 20 stayed in one room and my husband and I stayed in another room.
I didn't notice any "thin" walls as mentioned in another review.
But the place is quirky, funky, and a feast for the eyes. Real bananas hung down from two large banana trees in the courtyard.
If you are sick of the run of the mill motels that offer nothing but a bed, try out the Creole Gardens Guesthouse where each room is world of its' own.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Lower Garden District, this property features 24 rooms in several 1840's historic mansions and converted servants quarters, centered around a lush, tropical courtyard and fountain. The Creole Gardens is one block from St. Charles streetcar and Mardi Gras parade routes, minutes from the French Quarter, Magazine Street and the Convention Center. All rooms open to outdoor areas, for that true Nawlins lifestyle. FREE Hot Southern Breakfast served daily. Pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed And Breakfast
- Creole Gardens Guesthouse Hotel New Orleans