“We'll be back!”

Ranked #13 of 138 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“We'll be back!”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our first anniversary in NOLA, and stayed at Creole Gardens. The owners (Steve and Karen) were super helpful and genuinely cared about us having a great trip. The staff was friendly, professional and great (Annie, the cook, will make you feel right at home during breakfast, or whenever you run into her). The place has a charm that fits the city, and who wants a traditional hotel experience in a city as unique as New Orleans? We stayed in the penthouse, and it was perfect for our trip. The street car is just a block away, so the location was great, as well. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
CreoleNewOrleans, General Manager at Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you so much, Whitney and Trevor. We loved having you and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit! We're so glad you had a great time with us! Hope to have you both back for many more anniversaries in the future!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Creole Gardens. They took me, a weary traveler, in, without a reservation, and no problem with my dog. Very hospitable and helpful in terms of finding local places to eat. Also, there's a park nearby, so if you are traveling with a pet, this is in a great location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
CreoleNewOrleans, General Manager at Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
It's also such a blessing when our guests are traveling with their furry friends! We're really happy you found us through facebook and decided to make a reservation! Next time you come back you'll have to book a doggie spa package at Bella!!! Hope to see you and that beautiful Husky again soon!
Seattle, WA
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is a nice place that continues to improve. Staff is uber friendly and concerned about your travel. We arrived very late and they made sure we knew how to get into our room. Breakfasts in the morning were yummy, though you shouldn't expect to be stuffed full. That's perfect, because you're probably stuffed full from eating dinner the night before.

The location is just a 3-4 blocks from the National WW-II Museum. If your NOLA trip involves streetcar travel, you're a couple blocks from the nearest St. Charles stop. It's about a mile walk to the Convention Center, which is the path I took every morning. Never felt unsafe walking anywhere around, though all the locals will want you to not venture more than a block or two beyond St. Charles. The Warehouse District has developed quite a bit since I was here last, so there are some really nice places to eat there now.

I guess I have bad luck with weather in NOLA. It was really cold again (40s). This time there were TWO heaters (one bathroom and one main room) in our room, and we were never too cold once we got those rolling. The AC was a window unit and the one warm day (75) it was perfectly adequate.

My only complaints: There were only four hangers in the closet, which was a little problematic to get my suits and shirts hung (if this was too terrible, I could have asked for more or bought hangers for $2 at the Walgreens). The other is there were no drawers for clothes. Living out of the suitcase is not too annoying, but it would have been nicer to have drawers. These are tiny things, not enough to deduct a rating point.

Next time in NOLA, we'll be back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
It was really great to have you come and stay with us in Nola again.. Bummer that you keep bringing that Seattle mist with you each time :) Thanks to your feedback and a few others, we are currently working to add chifferobe's in order to give extra closet space and drawers to every one of our rooms. Sometimes the conversion of these old spaces doesn't leave much in the way for storage! As always, thanks for returning and thanks for sharing you Noladge of nola and our B&B with future guests.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My son and I thought the B & B had charm. My wife was not as adventurous. We were in a bordello room on the street which was a tad seedy for my wife. We moved to a different hotel which was boring. The owners were courteous and refunded our money for the additional nights. It's hard to find individuals like these in the hospitality industry. I will stay there again in a heart beat, but book a room in the courtyard. PS - The breakfast was fantastic!!

Cheers

Room Tip: Book a room in the courtyard. Stay off the street.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kevin B
CreoleNewOrleans, General Manager at Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thanks so much for the review Kevin! We try our best to make everyone as happy as possible, so it's really nice to hear that our efforts are appreciated! Next time ya'll make a trip to Nawlins, give us a call in advance and we'll work with you to make sure you get the best room possible for your stay! We also have spacious rooms in the upstairs mansion that are much more secluded than your previous accommodations. We hope y'all had a great cruise and we hope to have you back in the future!
Magnolia, Texas
Reviewed December 2, 2013

At work, but needed to post a review for the Creole Gardens-- stayed in the Mansion section and could not have asked for a nicer room. The Gardens is just off of St Charles, a block from the trolley line, so there is no reason you need to deal with New Orleans traffic. Breakfast was hot and delicious every morning (eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, etc). Staff was excellent and helpful in every way possible. Will stay again!

Room Tip: The Mansion rooms are great, but be wary of the stairwell to the upper level rooms-- it is steep, so...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CreoleNewOrleans, General Manager at Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thanks for the Great review Cory! We're really thrilled that you stumbled across our place and thoroughly enjoyed your stay! I must admit that the mansion rooms are by far my favorite when it comes to spaciousness, but next time you must ask us to check out a few of the cottage rooms as well! They are super funky and fun! Most importantly you wont have to walk up our historic grand staircase to reach your room!! :)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Can't be more satisfied. An exceptional B&B. Cozy, charming rooms and pretty courtyard. Great NOLA ambiance and extraordinary, accommodating, friendly staff. The location has interesting history - ask about the bordello - and awesome creole sausage for breakfast from Ms. Annie. She was a highlight of the stay for sure. Wish we could have had one of the famous carriage house jams, too cold this stay though. Easy access to all of the tourist destinations by walking or cable-car. My kids loved it! Wish we could have stayed longer. Also, pet friendly! My family will definitely return as often as possible. Thanks for making our vacation memorable!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CreoleNewOrleans, Manager at Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
It was such a pleasure having your entire family stay this time around!!! It's guests like yall that really make my job a pleasure! It's funny that you mention Ms Annie's playing records because at this very moment she is setting up her player in the warehouse and preparing for a dinner party tomorrow night! I know she enjoyed your company as much as we did! Hope your stay was a memorable for you all as it was for us!!!
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Just left this guesthouse, but I'll definitely return. The staff here is amazing! Considering this is not a "5 star" hotel, the negative reviews I've read are unwaranted. For a small guesthouse to take such care and concern about their guests is almost unheard of. I felt welcomed from the start, my room was amazing, and any concerns or issues I had were addressed right away.
The most amazing thing about Creole Gardens is Annie, the cook. who served up delicious, satisfying breakfasts every day, along with taking time to mingle with and get to know her guests. Her calm attitude, and stories of NOLA, her musical background, and genuiwine love of her job made my vacation an incredible experience.
The location is great, near the St. Chrles trolley and terrific restaurants, the price & value are incredible, and the guests are made to feel like family. I will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed November 2013
CreoleNewOrleans, General Manager at Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thanks so much for the positive feedback Nanetta!!! It's really nice to hear such appreciation for the entire staff and property! We really wish you cold have stayed another night as Annie is currently in the process of setting up her record player and some speakers in our event space so that we can jam to some old R&B on vinyl!! So excited! My only complaint is that you aren't still here to enjoy with us!! I'll make sure to give Annie a special shout out so she knows how much her friendly banter meant to you while you visited! Come back soon!