“Great atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 138 New Orleans B&B and Inns
EAGLE RIVER
“Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Great atmosphere. The staff Keith and Kathy are super friendly and helpful.if you are traveling with pets who are use to people and being left alone you want to stay here, very pet friendly. Near good food, easy access to the French Quarters. Hot and cold breakfast. I highly recommend and I will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
mobile
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and I have stayed in Nola many times, this time we wanted something different. Something that was not a major hotel chain. I found this randomly online and booked it, 1 because they were friendly w/ kids 2 because they're pet friendly. We arrived later in the night but no problems getting checked it. The room was great-clean and plenty of space (didn't smell musty-like some I've stayed in before). The bathroom was superb-plenty of space for my 8mo to crawl around so I could keep tabs on him. Also, organic soap bars! It was quiet and very relaxing. Breakfast was in main house, it was also great. Enjoyed eating breakfast while listening to jazz/blues music. It was the ideal place of when I think of a Nola house.. you have your garden with fountain area, colorful but very cool house. There were no issues with parking, plenty of it. Very easy to get to from the interstate. I will definitely without a doubt be staying here again!

Room Tip: Just ask the person on the phone, tell them what you want.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Funky and different, and will put a smile on your face:) Creole Gardens is a special kind of place. A great location for walking, exploring, and riding the trolley or bus. It is an easy ride to the French Q.

The staff is the best a place could have. They are friendly and truely like their jobs. The chef for breakfeast is wonderful, also.

I would and will stay here again, I hope!

Room Tip: convient to trolley and bus. Nice restaurants in the neighborhood. Dogs are allowed!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

What a great time we had at the Creole Gardens. Decor was eclectic and fun, complimentary breakfast was superb, and the staff was super friendly. We were upgraded free of charge to a bigger room upon our arrival! The location was one of the things we liked best. Completely safe, and about a 5 minute drive into the French Quarter and right on the edge of the beautiful Garden District. The hotel is perfect for people wanting to experience a little New Orleans flair without being right in the center of the noisy (and expensive) French Quarter.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
West Monroe, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I lucked up on locating this treasure while trying to locate a place near the convention center for Comic Con 2012. If you like history and getting away from the rush and sounds of a hotel setting then this is the perfect place for you. Everything was clean, and antique and the courtyard was very nice. The staff are top notch and so helpful. The breakfast served daily was wonderful. My friend and I loved the atmosphere and everything about the place. I highly recommend trying this jewel of the past if you plan a trip to New Orleans. Also they have very high speed internet and they are within walking distance or catch a bus or trolly car close by. We loved our time there and you will too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
creolegardens, Owner at Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
We were so happy you were able to come down and with us for New Orleans Comic Con!!! We really enjoyed getting to sit down and chat with ya'll in the courtyard! We feel that the privilege was ours to have such fun guests!! Please consider us again when you make your return trip! Don't forget to let us know when you upload the photos!!

We look forward to having you stay with us. Thanks again,

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

The Bed and Breakfast was lovely, quaint and clean. It was wonderful how it is set up around a center garden area. I can't say enough about the people. They were the nicest, most accommodating, fun young people I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I found myself laughing a lot. I plan on staying there each time I visit instead of the Hilton (nice but sterile). My husband who is partial to the nice and sterile admitted as we were leaving that on our next visit he wanted to try out another room and so on with each visit until he had stayed in them all. The location is great for me because my son lives near by. I loved the antique feel, the breakfast was amazing and they loved my puppy. I can't imagine anyone else being so great about pets! This was my second visit so I can say this was not an isolated experience.

Room Tip: Allow the Reservationist to guide you, they really do know what's best for your circumstance.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are so happy your family has chosen us twice as your preferred place in New Orleans!! It's been a pleasure each time you've stayed and as always we love when you bring your extended family (the pups) too!! Next time you make it down ask us about looking at some of the other rooms too! That way you can have a small tour!!

We look forward to having you stay with us. Thanks again,

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

The first time I went to New Orleans in 2004, my best friend and I stayed at the Castle Inn which was owned by Creole Gardens' owners. We chose it because it was said to be haunted and we wanted to stay somewhere haunted. The house manager at the time was friendly and courteous and our stay was so much fun and comfortable that when we were driving through in 2007 to move to Florida, we called to see if we could stay again. Sadly, the Castle Inn was no longer available for short term stays so we booked with their sister property, the Creole Gardens. When I moved back from Florida in 2009, I stayed at Creole Gardens. And I just came back from a 4 day stay there with my dad. Every time I stay, the staff is wonderful and friendly. The breakfast is good (even dad enjoyed it and he's picky) and if I have an issue with the room, they either fix it or upgrade me to a better room. I have read all the "bad" reviews and I am shocked to hear some of the stories people have told because this has just not been my experience. The only thing that I noticed this time was that our room was not cleaned every day, but I didn't know if we had to ask for that. It didn't matter, though, as we would rather not have someone coming in without our being there. People who say that this place is ghetto or urban are insane. It is quaint and yes, older, but quiet and comfortable. It is a block away from the St. Charles St. car. They work with your arrival time and they are pet friendly. It doesn't smell and I have never noticed mold or hairs or termites or anything else that would make me not want to stay there. As I said, I have never stayed anywhere in New Orleans but with Creole Gardens and its owners. I will continue to stay with them in the future. Perhaps there are better places out there, but I just love the friendly staff and the place in general.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We feel so extremely blessed when we have guests who are as passionate about New Orleans as you and your father! It was truly an honor to have breakfast with you in the parlor and discuss your daily plans! We really are looking forward to your return trip!

P.S The coffee mug and key chain were too cute!!