“What a pleasure!”

Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 141 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 8, 2011

A little more rustic than some, but a real flavor of authentic NOLA! This is not the french quarter, this is not the downtown, it's not even the garden district - though within walking distance. Our room was lovely. The buildings genuine. You feel at home. A short walk (2 blocks) from the trolly, good food, and good coffee! OK, time for full disclosure: The owners are friends of friends. But this is not coloring my review (why would I mention it?) I wind up in NOLA every few years, always staying at the big hotels. No more. Ill be at the Creole gardens.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor.
2  Thank William R

Reviewed December 8, 2011

We recently stayed in this charming B&B, very close to downtown attractions but in a nice quiet part of of the city. Our room, Mansion 3, was huge, bright and sunny. Staff couldn't have been nicer and more knowledgable about the area. Walk from the B&B to the Garden District for great walking tours or take the iconic street car to the French Quarter.

Room Tip: Mansion 3 was great
1  Thank J S
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights and I am so glad that I did. The Atmosphere was so relaxed and cozy that anyone at any age would adore this place. The staff was INCREDIBLE! They didnt treat you so much as a guest they treated you more like a family member. The rooms and whole design of the place was fabulous! Once I got to my room my mouth literally dropped. The floors shined and I mean literally shined as if it received a wax daily and the bathroom was huge and beautiful!! The bed was more comfortable then mine! Its nestled in the beautiful garden district and the famous Chef Emeril owns a resturant a block away. As an officer of law enforcement I really got to let my guards down and relax and enjoy the big easy. If I could rate this place 10 starts I defiantly would. Creole Gardens is the only place in New Orleans that I will rest my head!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank WinterJ318
Reviewed December 4, 2011

We have stayed at the eclectic and quirky Creole Gardens many times. A great place to stay with your pet! Other hotels and b&b's may be more luxurious (and way more expensive!) but for us Creole Gardens is New Orleans!!!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We stayed for two nights and found the Creole Gardens a nice place to stay. The staff is quite friendly and willing to help you. The hotel reminds me of a gated apartment complex - in the center is a cool water fountain & palm tree hang out area. It looks nicer in person then the pictures on the internet. The guest house is located in an OK part of town; its about a 20-25 minute walk to Canal street. Maybe not the best area to walk around at night, but we had no problems.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Matt K
Reviewed November 16, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at the Creole Gardens. Breakfast was delicious, and the staff was very accommodating and friendly.
We stayed in the Bordello 1 which is in the front of the Bordello Mansioln facing the street. The room was good sized, but not huge and was beautiful. Rich colors, beautiful bed, super high ceilings, etc. etc.
The place is old. Plumbing is sensitive and we needed to run the space heater at night (which works great, just wait. You'll be roasting).
Location is near Ideal. Just one block from the St Charles street car to take you down to the French Quarter or the other way through the Garden District, and walking distance to parks, restaurants, coffee shops and Magazine street.
The last thing I'll mention is the confusing housekeeping policy. I saw it mentioned in another review somewhere someone was annoyed they didn't receive fresh towels, but there were two places in their literature where I saw it mentioned they would only replace your towels if you requested it. I did however see the typical "Please help us conserve energy and place you towels on the towel rack if you don't need fresh ones" or something to that effect, which would lead one to believe they were going to check and replace the towels that were not on the towel rack. They don't. That is fine with me. Like I said the staff was very friendly and would surely replace your towels "posthaste" if you requested fresh ones.
We'll be back. And we'll be staying at the Creole Gardens.

Room Tip: Street noise can be a factor, Choose a room in the back if you go to bed early.
1  Thank TheAtheistReverend
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We just spent two nights at Creole Gardens and were very happy. We had our two daughters with us and we were all welcomed warmly on arrival. Chris called us to let us know our room was ready and met us as we arrived. Chris showed us around and to our room, and provided us with information how to get to the French Quarter. Our room was the penthouse in the mansion and it was huge. It was an easy walk to the street car and within 15 minutes you find yourself on Bourbon St. Breakfast was nice and more than enough for all of us. We parked our camper right in front in the street and had no trouble. Stay here if you want to experience New Orleans and have a quiet place to call home.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family