“Great place at a great price.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Frenchmen Hotel

The Frenchmen Hotel
Ranked #50 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great place at a great price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2004

I am a frequent visitor to New Orleans, and only discovered the Frenchman on my most recent trip. Because of the incredible rate that I found, I decided to risk it without knowing much about it. What a find! It's in a great location, very close to great resteraunts, clubs, and the French Market. The staff was incredibly welcoming, the hot tub was soothing after long days of walking, the courtyard was New Orleans picturesque, and the room was cozy and clean. I love this hotel and plan on staying there on every return visit.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Frederick, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2004

This was my 3rd trip to New Orleans and the first time staying in a non-chain type of hotel. This place was very nice. Clean and comfortable. Randy and Robert (front desk guys) were both quite hospitable and helpful. The pool in the courtyard was a great gathering place in the late evening. Great location too! Just a couple of blocks from all the downtown activity, yet very quiet. We took the "Magic Tour" while we were in the quarter one night and I highly reccomend that SPECIFIC tour! Ron (the tour guy) was great. If I had to complain about something it would be that the bed was too soft. Other than that, great deal...great price...great location. The morning pastries were tasty too! Make sure you get up early enough to get the big apple one - yummmm!

1 Thank HiringCPAs
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2004

I stayed at the Frenchmen from 6/10 - 6/13 and loved it. I think it is important to keep in mind that this establishment is not a luxury hotel nor does it try to present itself as such. The room was indeed small, but other than a place to sleep and use the shower, it wasn't as though I spent that much time in the room anyhow. The room was neat and clean and was serviced each day. The pool is small, but that's because it's in the courtyard area. It worked just fine as far as cooling me off after a day in the Quarter. Jacuzzi was up and running and was plenty hot! I spoke with the night desk clerk who stated that a new general manager took over about 3-4 weeks ago and he has been working on getting things running more efficiently. You can't beat the location and I felt the price was reasonable as well. I should also note that I am a woman and was traveling alone, and I felt perfectly safe staying there, even on a ground floor room. I definitely plan on staying there on my next trip down!

3 Thank Lfrenette
Lafayette, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2004

Well, we haven't even gotten there yet and already I am hating the place! I made our reservations back in February - 3 rooms for 3 couples. On April 1, I had to cancel one of the rooms since one of my friends had something come up. It is now May 27, and still I have not received my refund (I paid in full back in February via money order) I have called at least twice a week for over a month, and each time "they will check on it and call me back" but they don't call me back. I am filing a report with the BBB and if I do not have a definate answer by 3:00 this afternoon,I am canceling my reservation. Beware when making reservations at this hotel!

• Stayed June 2004