“Lovely stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Chimes Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 137 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Biarritz, France
“Lovely stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was actually my second stay at Chimes and it was another lovely visit. After more than a decade of living in New Orleans, I moved abroad, but come back to visit every couple of years. It's a whirlwind of running around to meet people, so I prefer to stay in a hotel instead of bothering friends with my late comings and goings.

Chimes reminds me of my old apartment and it actually feels like staying in a friend's fabulous guestroom instead of a somewhat impersonal hotel experience. The location is great and the prices are even better.

I'll definitely be looking them up the next time that I visit NOLA.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
nolarain, Owner at Chimes Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for considering us like "your home" in New Orleans. We appreciate you too!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We loved our room. It was clean and cozy. The location is good and there are a lot of shops and restaurants within walking distance. Plus public transport is available. The breakfast were excellent and included fresh baked breads, fresh fruit and cheeses. We highly recommend this place and looking forward to staying there again.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Charles G
Tallahassee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

My daughter and I stayed three nights, I could not have wished for a better place. We stayed in the room inside the house, and we felt like we were right at home only with all the amenities that were included. The owner and staff were so helpful and pleasant. I am so glad that we stayed in this charming neighborhood and experience the city from this point of view. I recommend the Chimes without exception!

Room Tip: Any room would be a. Good choice, for my daughter and I the room next to the kitchen was perfect.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nancy B
It was great having you and your well traveled daughter stay at the Chimes B&B. Keep traveling together and having fun! Thank you!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is the perfect place to stay in NOLA if you want to experience the city like a local, but have a respite from the hustle and bustle. It's conveniently located; no need to a car, you can walk or take the streetcar just about anywhere. Jill makes really great suggestions, whether it's restaurants or tours. Seriously, it's almost like you're home when you're there, but you're still treated like a guest! I really love this place and will stay there anytime I go to the Big Easy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tx2tz
Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Last week I stayed at The Chimes B&B in New Orleans. A co-worker stays there frequently and she recommended it. This was such a nice treat for someone used to staying in generic business hotels at higher prices! It was perfect for our quick trip. Each of the three rooms we occupied was decorated beautifully and was very comfortable. Jill is the perfect hostess and had great recommendations for dinner and drinks. I can't wait to go back with my husband or a group of friends! The courtyard looks like the perfect place to have a glass of wine at the end of the day. I'm looking forward to doing that on my next trip!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank eistanbulluoglu
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

If you want a quiet, charming and effortless New Orleans B&B experience, The Chimes is perfect. The location really can't be beat; you could spend ages exploring the Garden District and Magazine St. alone, but then there's the fantastic streetcar right there for a quick, cheap trip into town and the Quarter. We stayed for a holiday weekend, and even though the place was booked, it was quiet and we felt catered to as if we were the only guests. The breakfast was very fresh and lovely, continental style which is an excellent way to start a day of touring in a city with such opulent food choices. Owner Jill was friendly and relaxed, helpful and super knowledgeable in all the right measures, and staying at The Chimes really felt more like staying at a friend's guest cottage. We will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the smallest rooms and it was perfectly proportioned for a couple on a weekend...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

My mum and I stayed at Chimes B&B a couple of weeks ago for 3 nights. The experience was fantastic!

It is well located in the Garden District, in a lovely building with lots of character. nThis gives you an idea of the typical mansions and houses of the area.

Jill, the host, is very friendly and helpful. Her hints helps us make the most of our visit.

I am looking forward to going back to New Orleans and will definately stay at Chimes B&B!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends