“Excellent !”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Chimes Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 141 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We had a wonderful experience at the Chimes Bed and Breakfast. It was very comfortable and very clean. Our hostess Jill was so welcoming and knowledgeable about anything you needed to know to make your visit to NOLA more enjoyable. We enjoyed that we had an oasis of calm to return to after a busy day of seeing the city and the safe environment which allowed us to walk to many good restaurants and shops. We will definitely go back when visiting NOLA in the future!

1  Thank Pat C
nolarain, Owner at Chimes Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for the very nice review of the Chimes B&B!

There are newer reviews for Chimes Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We just spent a wonderful week at the Chimes. Our room was the smallest on the property but very comfortable none the less. Jill, the owner, is a wonderful hostess, who really has a great gift for knowing what guests will need for their stay. She is amazingly thoughtful, readily prepared with good quality maps to lend, umbrellas for rainy days, sun screen for sunny days, aloe for the sunny days when you forget the sunscreen, restaurant recommendations, and a great knowledge of New Orleans, where to go for the adventurous, where not to go for the not so adventurous, etc. Breakfast pastries come from the nearby French bakery on Magazine street, accompanied by delicious coffee New Orleans style, whole wheels of cheese, and delicious ripe melons and fruit. We will look no further for our home away from home when visiting this fun city.

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful trip to New Orleans for the French Quarter Festival. Staying away from that madhouse is important, though, and The Chimes' location in the garden district was a welcome retreat. Side note if you're looking to be in the French Quarter...this is not your place.
We enjoyed being able to walk around the neighborhood, seeing the grand homes and eating at the multitude of restaurants along magazine st.
The owners, Jill and Charles, we very welcoming hosts and we enjoyed getting to know them.
We will certainly be back when we visit Nola again!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Chimes is welcoming, friendly, and helpful without being intrusive. The rooms are excellent. it's well placed for the French Quarter, the Garden District and Magazine. it's a quiet safe neighbouhood only a couple of blocks down from the St Charles trolley. This was our second visit and we had a great time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
nolarain, Owner at Chimes Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

What could be better for New Orleans than to have those like you who come from far away to appreciate the music, culture and food? We are honored that you choose to stay at the Chimes when you have many good choices.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Chimes for 3 nights it was our first time in a bed & breakfast and I have to say there is no way it could've been better. Everything was perfect and better than we ever expected. The house is great. Jill the hostess is a great genuine warm person who is very knowledgeable about the city. The rooms are very clean & the beds are amazingly comfy. Jill made our first b&b stay perfect she is very passionate about her house and making sure her guests are comfortable and that you really have a great experience. We will definitely stay at the Chimes again. Also the breakfasts and the conversations at the table were wonderful. Don't see how anyone could ever leave a bad review of this place.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My dad, sister and I stayed here March 28-31st on a recommendation from our cousin (who has stayed many times). We made reservations a few months in advance, which you definitely need to do as this is a real gem that will book up. Upon arrival we were welcomed to a lovely room and courtyard, woke up to start our day and greeted by the best host in Jill, and enjoyed fresh pastries and fruit for breakfast. Jill is an expert at helping you enjoy your time visiting; she gave better advice on tours, music, getting around, etc. than we could have expected. We were perfectly located to catch the streetcar into the French Quarter, and in walking distance of the beautiful Garden District to enjoy tours of the neighborhood, cemeteries, and dine at Commander's Palace. I will definitely be back to visit New Orleans, and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I can't recommend The Chimes enough.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I thought I sent in my review right when I got back but maybe I didn't do it right. So here it goes again because I loved my stay here. We have been trying to stay at the Chimes for the last couple of years and could never get a room-we never seem to plan much in advance- but this time I was lucky and got all but 1 night of our 4 nights at the Chimes. So glad I stayed even with the inconvenience of having to change to another hotel for the 1 night. We stayed in 2 different rooms and both were very comfortable, very clean and very quiet. B&B's have never been my first choice because I like peace and quiet when I travel but I kept hearing such good things about the Chimes I needed to try it. Jill has a wonderful breakfast of fresh fruit, french pastries, hot strong coffee and juices. We met very nice interesting people and Jill tells her wonderful story of Katrina as if we were the 1st people to hear it. My advise is to plan ahead if you want to stay here and you won't be sorry.

Room Tip: we stayed in rooms 3 and 5 both perfect in every way
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
nolarain, Owner at Chimes Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for the very kind review you gave us.....and twice, at that.