“Great place -”

Ranked #34 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed September 16, 2007

Stayed 2 nights..
great Place .clean and very personal
New Orleans is not what the news claims to be ...come one come all. great place ..French Quarters where never touched by the Floods..took at tour and looks like New Orleans was agreat place to vacation

Stayed: September 2007
There are newer reviews for Place d'Armes Hotel

Reviewed September 12, 2007

Booked a superior King through the website - decided to spend a bit of extra money for a nice room - sure was worth it! We had a lovely room on the 3rd floor that overlooked the pool and courtyard and was massive . Air conditioning worked well and was quiet. Bathroom was simple but functional and had the added bonus of having a separate powder room area and wardrobe. The staff are charming (especially Frank who works the night shift) and provided us with endless information about things to do and restaurant recommendations. Ladies who serviced the rooms were lovely and even asked me if I needed anything when they discovered I was sick. Hotel is perfectly located if you want to be close to all the action - but avoid the noise of Bourbon Street. The photos of the pool area and courtyard don't do it justice - it really is superb and the pool is a welcome relief on those sticky afternoons and evenings. There is no room service or restaurant on site - but there are several snack machines and drink machines on the ground floor, plus the complementary breakfast they supply every morning (croissants, danishes, tea and coffee). I can't recommend this hotel enough. It was an utter bargain and very intimate and pretty. Loved every minute of it and will certainly stay again when we return to NOLA.

Stayed: September 2007
3  Thank msmegmog
Reviewed September 12, 2007

I have been coming back to the French Quarter since 6 months after Katrina. With each trip I am impressed with how much better the town looks and how upbeat the people are. I'm not sure I could handle half of what these people and this town have gone through the last few years. If you haven't been back, you really need to go! I stay at the Place d armes at 625 St. Ann street when I go. The hotel is perfectly located, very clean and the employees are great. Most lost everything in the hurricane, but when you arrive they make you feel like you are their only concern.

Now go on and get back down there, they need your support.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed August 28, 2007

My wife an I stayed at Place d'Armes Hotel from @23AUG07 to @26AUG07. But, our stay was so great that we stayed for one extra night.
The people in New Orleans are fantastic. Plus the ambience of the city is great for food , drinks , shopping. There is a lot to see in New Orleans, even tho some parts of the city itself looks bad. But, it will take time to get back on its feet.
But, I still recommend for ev'rybody to visit New Orleans once in ther lifetime. For mi its like a second home. I'll be back next year an the one after that. Going to Place d'Armes Hotel feel like family an so helpful. Thank you.

Jr. Santana-DeJesus.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 28, 2007

Have passed this hotel many times when in town and finally gave it a try. I booked on the hotel website and got a great rate . I requested a "deluxe" room so i would have a window. I arrived 2 hours before the stated check-in time. The friendly staff at the front desk did their best to get my room ready in 15 minutes. What a room it was! I never expected a room with a private balcony overlooking Chartres Street. The room had a king sized bed, a desk, table and chairs and a large bathroom. It was clean and fresh smelling but I admit I spent more time on the balcony then in the room. Sippping wine and glancing down the street to see what was happening in Jackson Square was my idea of a relaxing time. It is a group of old buildings so the occasional noise from rooms above or next door were heard but never a problem. The pool was clean and the courtyard was swept daily. The breakfast room was bright and cheerfull but the donuts and croissants, while fresh, weren't the best. However, any place that has orange marmalade gets my vote! All in all, a nice weekend.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank FrugalTraveler50
Reviewed August 27, 2007

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a six week tour around the USA. New Orleans was the last stop on our tour (I had been there last year and HAD to go back I loved it so much), and we had an absolute BLAST - thanks in part to our gorgeous hotel. The Place d'Armes Hotel was cheap in comparison to most of the hotels in its vacinity so I was a little apprehensive. When we arrived I realised there was no need to worry, it was perfect. The rooms surround a cute garden courtyard with a small swimming pool in the centre. Some rooms have balconys and some have views... ours had neither (I chose the cheapest), but it didn't need it. Our king room had a large lounge area with fold out bed sofa, large TV, and lots of mirrors giving it light. We walked through to the bedroom area which was furnished with a king bed (very romantic with iron look headboard) and cute side tables. The bathroom was large and clean with a clean bath (very difficult to come across from our experience). We were two blocks from Bourbon Street (five blocks from our favorite club 'The Dungeon') and a few blocks from the mighty Mississippi River. We WILL be staying here next time we go to my beloved New Orleans.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 26, 2007

After many searches found this hotel and glad we did. Very nice, clean hotel. Very close to all attractions, within walking distance to everything. Will definetely stay there again. Can't wait to go back. Staff is very friendly and kind.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends