“Fantastic”

Place d'Armes Hotel
Ranked #38 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
“Fantastic”
Reviewed April 4, 2006

Terrific location, Beautiful Patio, Gracious, friendly and very helpful staff. Free breakfast. Rooms do vary. View of the pool and patio is fantastic. I will be back.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (642)
Reviewed March 17, 2006

Good Day,

Last week I had the opportunity to stay at your hotel on St.Anne and I just wanted to write your company with my greatest compliments. My experience there was perfect. Your hotel and especially your staff excelled beyond all my wishes. Never have I felt so comfortable and happy when staying away from home as I did at the Place d'Armes.

I believe the valets name was Mitchell; he should be highly commended for the work he does. He is jovial, attentive and generous to the guests.

And Ava, who works the front desk is an angel. She takes everything in stride and makes sure that as a guest you feel not only well taken care of but welcome.

Once more I just wanted to let you know, that your staff and hotel is everything a hotel manager and owner could wish for. I had a fabulous time visiting the New Orleans and I attribute a large amount of my satisfaction to the treatment I received at the Place de'Armes.

Nichole P. Conard

Room 119 March 8-12, 2006

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Flower Mound
Reviewed March 16, 2006

We just returned from spending three nights in New Orleans at Place D'Armes. I was there with my husband and two children (ages preteen & teen) and my mother. We had a large room with plenty of room for a rollaway bed. The hotel is lovely - very New Orleans style - and the location is unbelievable. It is right off Jackson Square in the middle of the French Quarter, but we never heard any street noise. The rooms are nicely decorated and clean. Our room opened into the courtyard and we had a fountain right outside our room. It was nice to sit out there and eat breakfast and read the paper in the morning. A great continental breakfast is included with the room - the most delicious huge croissants with coffee and fresh orange juice, my kids preferred the cinnamon rolls. This place is a gem!

The staff is very nice and helpful. They were all accomodating and pleasant.

Great parking location - a little expensive at $20 per day.

However - people should be advised that in this post-Katrina time staffing is short. Our room wasn't cleaned one day because they were short-staffed (people are having to live in other towns and drive for several hours to and from work so they aren't wanting to work late when others don't show up - can't blame them!) and we didn't get sufficient towels that day because they had run out. When I spoke to the manager our bill was adjusted. This would not keep me from staying there again immediately - I would just make sure earlier in the day to request service.

• Stayed March 2006
8 Thank Elaine W
New York City
Reviewed March 14, 2006

The nicest feature at the place d'Armes is the spacious, lush courtyards in the center of the hotel. In addition to tables where you can enjoy an outdoor continental breakfast (included in the room rate), it features a small, but attractive pool. There is a pleasant breakfast room off the courtyard. The lobby area is small, but nicely appointed.

The hotel is well located on a quiet block two blocks from Bourbon St. The location is on the edge of the central commercial area in the French quarter, but everything you would want to visit in the Quarter is within a 10 to 12 block walk.

The common areas and room were clean and well maintained. Our room was average sized, attractively furnished and looked like it had recently been redecorated.

The staff was generally friendly and helpful.

There is a parking garage in the hotel for an extra charge, great if you have a car.

The only negatives to this property were that the matress in our room sunk in the middle and badly needed replacing, the bathroom was tiny, the swimming pool was full of leaves and our room (as well as many others) looked out on an exterior corridor hallway(limiting privacy if you wanted to leave the curtains open)and faced a wall.

Considering that the rate we paid was significantly less than most other historic French Quarter hotels, I was happy with our choice of accomodations.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank gitsy1
East Lansing, MI
Reviewed February 12, 2006

We have been staying at the Place D'Armes for 18 years. We were so glad to see it weathered the storm in fine shape. We had a beautiful, large courtyard room on the back courtyard (circular fountain). The breakfast croissants were fresh and delicious-so nice not to have to worry about breakfast, although the Cafe DuMonde is a few blocks away.

Please see our pictures-the Place is an authentic NOLA experience. The staff is helpful and friendly, too.

Always our first choice in New Orleans,

Janet and Bruce from Michigan

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
9 Thank Mitla96
NY
Reviewed February 7, 2006

A group of us stayed there after delivering donated emergency vehicles to Mississippi. We had no reservations, we just drove up to it late one night. What a lucky find. The location can't be beat, you can walk everywhere in the French Quarter. The staff is friendly and helpful. They also have a garage which is a plus if you are driving. The hotel is charming. Parts of it are two hundred years old and its interior courtyard is lovely. Staying there gives guests a special insight into what actually living in the Quarter must be like. Rooms are spacious and done nicely, but be sure you get one opening onto the courtyard or the balcony, not an interior room with no window. I much preferred it to some chain hotel, especialy for staying in New Orleans where antiquity is such a big part of the draw.

• Stayed January 2006
5 Thank sunnyflies
Reviewed December 26, 2005

Once again my family and I had a wonderful experience staying at the Place d'Armes. Seeing as this was my best friend's first trip to N.O, I was anxious to show off the hotel that I had always raved about. Needless to say, she was over the moon with the Place and can't wait for her next visit; summer of 2006, here we come!

• Stayed August 2005