“Great Location”

Place d'Armes Hotel
Ranked #30 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed January 10, 2005

Stayed here the week of New Year. Great location away from Bourbon street. Staff was friendly and attentive, room clean and neat. Lawrence the bellman was a great help. We can't wait to come back. Thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed: January 2005
1  Thank Keith-Suz
Write a ReviewReviews (2,379)

Louisiana
Reviewed January 2, 2005

My wife and I regularly enjoy staying here for our anniversary in December. Wonderful location, especially for older visitors as it is relatively quiet yet convenient to major tourist sites. The prices are very competitive with off street parking adjacent. The quarter in December is like Disneyland for Adults with good weather (for New Orleans) and relatively easy access to restaurants as long as there are no major conventions or events in town. Others gripe about the windowless interior rooms, but we like these non-smoking, cheaper, and quieter rooms. Who stays in their rooms in New Orleans anyway? The Bombay House Restaurant at a partner property (about 7 blocks away) is very romantic. Ask for Kim-- a wonderful and happy waitress.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed January 1, 2005

The check in was easy and the location was great. When we arrived to the room, we were slightly disappointed. The room was extremely dim, as we had an interior room with no windows. Due to the absent windows, there was no air exchange and the room had an odd odor. Our room also had a cockroach problem. We immediately called the front desk to ask them to take care of our situation, and it took over an hour and 3 phone calls to get anything resolved. The walls are extremely thin - everything, and I mean everything, can be heard between rooms. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this hotel unless you have a fixed budget and won't be spending much time in the room.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 13, 2004

I have stayed at this hotel before and I had a nice stay but watch out for the windowless rooms. They are too small and seem even smaller due to a lack of a window. There is no perception of night or day. I called my room the "submarine". I made it a point to call the front desk every morning to ask what it looked like outside and what I should wear before leaving the hotel for the day.
The hotel was completely booked, so I was stuck with my room. The staff was very nice and the continental breakfast was good. I would stay here again as long as it is not in a windowless room.

• Stayed: December 2004, traveled on business
2  Thank jsandoval562
Reviewed December 12, 2004

We just returned from a three night stay at Place D'Armes. We had reserved a courtyard king room w/ non smoking through their 1-800 number. We came in on Monday night on Amtrak & checked in, but unfortunatly we could tell as soon as we stopped in the room that it was a smoking room. We went back to the clerk and he moved us to what he had left..a queen room facing a side courtyard. We were going to be moved the next day in order to get a balcony room anyway, so it wasn't a big deal. The first room was okay...it looked nice, but the floor felt like it was giving way in some spots and I saw a little hole in the wall behind the tv cabinet and there did look to be a touch of mold in the bathroom ceiling.

However the room that we were moved to the next day was really nice. It was a suite really w/ a separate sitting room w/ a sofabed and the whole balcony on that side was ours! It was nice and clean and in much better repair. It was Room 211 I think.

The staff was very nice with the exception of the dayclerk lady who wasn't really overtly rude, just uninterested. Tim the evening clerk was absolutely wonderful. He gave us directions and recommended places to eat and they even sent has us a bottle of chamagne for our arrival since it was our anniversary! The housekeeping lady (I didn't catch her name) was great and sweet and very helpful. The courtyard is beautiful and the continental breakfast was great w/ the crossonts being wonderful and not greasy. Of course the location can't be beat either.

All in all it was a great stay and we will probably stay here again when we visit NO again.

• Stayed: December 2004
1  Thank greeneyesat30
Reviewed December 6, 2004

My husband and I just returned from a 4 night stay at Place D'armes. This is our 6th trip here, and by far our best experience. Awesome location right at Jackson Square, Royal Street and Bourbon a stones throw away!!
Be sure to get an exterior room, well worth the difference in price.
Dionne, staff receptionist, very nice lady!!
Try "Mothers", the Ferdi Special out of this World.
and "The Alpine", for the best Barbecue Shrimp!!!!
Cheers,

5  Thank robyn m
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed November 29, 2004

I travel to New Orleans several times a year for personal medical business and always stay here. The service is super friendly, the French Quarter location is perfect, and the price is good considering the great location. There are some interior rooms w/o windows, but these are great because they are non-smoking and clean. Besides, how much time do you spend in your room anyway?

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member