Place d'Armes Hotel
Hotel Royal(New Orleans)
Hotel Provincial(New Orleans)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Inn on Ursulines(New Orleans)
2,481 results
All reviewsjackson squareinterior roomann streetcontinental breakfastcafe dufrench quarterbourbon streetperfect locationlouis cathedralbeautiful courtyardwithout windowsno windowjunior suiteprivate balconysmall pooltwo blocksexposed brick
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2014

cute little boutique hotel located right net to Jackson Square in French Qtr. Nice large room with two queen beds....a balcony that we could sit on end of and watch goings on in the Square and hear the afternoon Jazz Band right in front of Cathedral...pretty much walking distance to everything in quarter.....Continental breakfast.....but just block from Cafe D Monde.....a small nice pool in a lovely courtyard for cooling off.....wold stay again.

Room Tip: St. Anne St. runs right into Bourbon...so ask for the other side if you want quiet sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Penny R
Reviewed July 10, 2014

My family and I booked this hotel by recommendation from a friend. I was looking for something authentic and quiet. Our room was huge and secluded. It was perfect. We felt like we had our own courtyard. Wonderful for the morning coffee and book. Our children loved the salt water pool. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful with the tours and information about the area. Our car was always ready for us in 10 min. I must say, also, that the cleaning crew was very polite and always willing to add more towels or soap, etc. If you like fairy tale gardens and respect the history of New Orleans, you will LOVE this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 128, 2 Queen beds, huge! Loved it!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Vanesa M
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Place d'Armes is a perfect get a way for a couple in New Orleans. We had a fabulous time. The room was great (room 110) the price was great. The pool and court yard were beautiful!!! Location Location Location !!! Just a block away from the French Market! The room had exposed brick and exposed beams. The lush garden area made for a very relaxing evening by the pool. The staff was very nice and helpful. The bed was comfortable and even the pillows were great. A/C works very well and so did the ceiling fan! We will stay again. Thanks for making our trip to NOLA great!!!

Room Tip: Small lobby! Check out earlier than 11o'clock as to avoid the line.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sandra M
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Place d'armes is blocks away from all the action. A short walk to Bourbon, Jackson square, the French Market and is surrounded by tons of cute shops and restaurants. The decor, exposed brick the rooms and the garden area give it a nice old world feel but only steps away from all the action.

Pros: Location, location location. The price was also desirable along with size of the rooms compared with the typical chain hotels and the beds were comfortable.

Cons: The bathrooms were small and at times I felt like I was living in a apartment because of people walking in the room above me.

Overall: I would recommend this hotel for someone wanting to stay in the french quarter and get away from the typical chain hotels.

Room Tip: Be sure to choose a room with a window because there are several interior rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Neaseoul
Reviewed July 8, 2014

First let me begin by saying that the building this hotel is in is old, I mean old, like much of New Orleans actually. And my taste in accommodations runs more toward the modern and updated, but having said that I did enjoy our stay here once I tried to see the charm in the "oldness".

Our courtyard rooms were very clean. The maids did an excellent job. The furniture and bedspreads were dated but ok. The internet was non-existent. You had to sit outside in the courtyard to get it to connect, and it's New Orleans in July so we did without it!

The great thing about this place was the location and parking. Just a few steps from Jackson Square, Cafe du Monde, and 2 blocks from Bourbon St! Awesome! Parking was in their garage and was valet only. They were very speedy getting the car when we needed it, and we never had to worry about where to leave it.

We also had a very nice and helpful gentleman who accommodated our room needs when we checked in, but on the other side the night clerk was not friendly and she acted like we were bothering her every time we asked for something.

All in all, for the price, I would probably try one of the other hotels in the area, like the Bourbon Orleans, before I'd go back here again. The rooms here were only $10 less than the Bourbon Orleans, which we visited and was much nicer. So it wasn't a bad experience, but I felt like we could have gotten more for our money elsewhere. The 4 stars I've given it are mainly for its location and the clean rooms.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family