Place d'Armes Hotel
$279
$269
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$215
$179
Priceline
  • Restaurant
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$229
  • Breakfast included
$296
$249
Hotels.com
$392
$349
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$170
  • Pool
New Orleans Marriott(New Orleans)
$243
$229
$224
  • Restaurant
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$343
$299
Omni Hotels
2,481 results
All reviewsjackson squareinterior roomann streetcontinental breakfastcafe dufrench quarterbourbon streetperfect locationlouis cathedralbeautiful courtyardwithout windowsno windowjunior suiteprivate balconysmall pooltwo blocksexposed brick
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I recently returned from a three night stay at Place d’Armes Hotel. This is my fourth stay at this hotel and obviously I am very satisfied with my experiences. The hotel is located two blocks from Bourbon Street so it is far enough away from the craziness if you want some quiet, but close enough to provide easy access. It is also just ½ block from Jackson Square filled with street entertainers and artists through the day. The location and staff are the main reasons I keep returning to this hotel. It is tough to beat either for the reasonable price. The expensive convention hotels on Canal Street are a short 15 minute walk away.

The hotel itself is a combination of three different houses put together. That means there are three courtyards to hang out in. The one near the lobby has a pool located in the middle. It is small but I am sure it would be a welcome dip during the hot summer months. The courtyards are filled with plants, fountains and moss. If you have a problem with moss or mold you may have a tough time here (really anywhere in New Orleans).

The rooms are all very clean and nicely furnished. Do keep in mind that these buildings are old. If you are on a bottom floor you can hear the people above you walking around fairly easily. Luckily I’ve never had “party animals’ above us during any visit. The bathrooms are good sized and the water pressure is good. I also like the fact that there was a safe in the room.

Breakfast is provided each day and included in the cost of the room. The fare is very simple; some Danish, a few muffins, some apples and coffee/tea. After two days you really need something else to be honest. Luckily there are several restaurants within a block or two and Café Du Monde is only a 2 minute walk away. They have two large breakfast rooms to eat in and chairs/tables scattered around the various court yards to eat outside in. They also have coffee available throughout the day.

The staff is very helpful with suggestions for meals and tours. Car parking is available but expensive ( I think it is $25 per day). We have had great experiencers at this hotel and will return on our next trip to New Orleans.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise (light sleeper), ask for a room on the second or third floors.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nuggetboy
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I went there on a quick weekend trip and this was my first time staying here, and this hotel was on my bucket list for a while. The room was small, but quaint, exactly what I expected and was looking for. The bathroom was on the small side, but the shower head was strong and that is a huge plus in my book. The bed was extremely comfortable, as was the pillow. My room was on the 3rd floor in the rear left corner, I think 323. This room had no windows. Some may think that this bad, I loved it because my room was pitch black and I had the best sleep!!! The court yard is very old and cozy, you can tell the bricks have been here for a long time and have seen many travelers and history. The pool is small but good enough for cooling off and was sipping a drink in. I do study up on hotels in NO and know that this is a haunted hotel, even though the staff denies that there are ghost. I was hoping to hear something or see something strange, but nothing on this trip. This was a school for boys at one time and burnt during one of the fires of NO. Several children died as well as the school's headmaster. There are many stories that refer to people hearing noises of children or even seeing the headmaster. As for location you are steps from Jackson's Square and 2 blocks from Bourbon. There are a few other hotels that have a slightly better location, but this one is slightly off the main road to avoid hearing the noises of people partying yet close enough to make it to Bourbon with out your drink getting warm in the process. The bell hop was very nice, and worked hard for his tip, the front desk lady was polite and nice, as was the one who check me out. For the price <$140 you get a very charming and quaint hotel with a nice courtyard for relaxing in. The parting was $30 but you will be hard pressed to find cheaper in a secure location so don't worry too much about it. Now I could not connect to the wifi with my Ipad, but I was not too concerned with that due to the fact I wanted to disconnect and walk the Quarter. I am sure that I could have went to the front desk and they would have walked me through the connection process if needed. This one is still on my list to visit again and will be watching the prices to see when to book it again. The front desk did say that there are balcony rooms but they are not listed on any of the booking sites like Hotels or Orbits, so call if you want to book a balcony, but the total black out rooms are very nice.

Room Tip: There are haunted rooms, ask for them.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim O
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I love this hotel. Excellent location. Right off of Jackson Square and one block from Cafe Du Monde!!! Breakfast was great. The courtyard is beautiful. The rooms are small. We had a double room and it was a little cramped. No counter space to lay out cosmetics and hair supplies. Despite this I would definitely stay again. The staff was courteous and always helped us out if we needed directions or anything.

Room Tip: Request a courtyard room for the view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Heather S
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We are at the Place d'Armes right now for the week... This is our 12th visit over the last 10 years and I can honestly say that we have never had a bad experience... The front desk and all the staff has always been above average... Any problems have been addressed and taken care of promptly... The people are great and on more than one occasion they have gone above and beyond to make our stay memorable... Location is the BEST of any hotel in the quarter... Within 300 ft of Bourbon street and Cafe Dumonde... a mere 100 ft from Jackson Square... If you are looking for 5 star luxury, this is not the place for you, if you want a clean, comfortable hotel with great people and service and the best location ever for a good price... The Place d'Armes is IMHO the only place to be in NOLA..

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have visited new orleans on more than 20 occassions, and I stopped hotel-shopping 6 years ago when I found this one. The atmosphere is terrific -- quiet and private. The price is very affordable -- much less than most of the hotels in the Quarter. Best of all is the location -- just off Jackson Square. The staff is polite, helpful, and friendly. They go above and beyond "good" service -- they are exceptional. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough - I love it!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the ground floor -- facing one of the beautiful courtyards. The back courtyard is quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends