JW Marriott New Orleans
$179
$153
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$178
$126
HolidayInn.com
$238
$209
$252
$127
  • Pool
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$111
$99
  • Breakfast included
$249
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$118
$299
$259
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
$111
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$179
2,526 results
All reviewscanal streetgreat locationthe executive loungecorner roomfrench quartercommon streetlobby barbourbon stfitness centervery nice hoteljazz festvalet parkingthe entire staffmardi grastwo blocksgarden districtjackson square
Reviewed January 5, 2010

The hotel has the perfect location with easy access to French Quarter, trolly lines, restaurants, etc. The Concierge is wonderful!! Parking is expensive, but that is the case with all hotels in the area. The beds are just average... no nice bedding and hard mattresses.

Reviewed December 31, 2009

I did a lot of research before visiting New Orleans, including checking out many hotels. TripAdvisor was one of my sources. Thankfully, I selected the J.W. Marriott because it was a thoroughly delightful experience from the front desk, to the concierge, to room service, the incredibly comfortable bed, other amenities, the beautifully decorated lobby areas, ideal location for walking to the French Quarter, Harrah's, the bus and the streetcar. I did not use the pool or gym, but both areas were impressive - pristine. Oh, okay, I do have 1 criticism. The walls 'are' very thin. Fortunately, I had good neighbors on the 26th floor because had I not, it could have been miserable. (Doesn't make sense that a hotel would not use soundproofing in the construction - or at least in upgrading a place where many people spend time there trying to sleep). But, again, my experience was great. Paper thin walls seem to be a common complaint in reviews of hotels in New Orleans. The J.W. should be high on your list of places to stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 22, 2009

Spent a week at the JW Marriott and was very pleased with my stay. The hotel is perfectly located between the French Quarter and the Central business district so exploring the city on foot is very convenient. My room was spacious, clean and nicely appointed. The gym was well equipted with both cardio and free weights. I found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful (not always the case in NOLA). I will definately stay at the JW Marriott on future visits to the Crescent City and would recommend this property without reservation.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 18, 2009

We had a great long weekend in New Orleans and the location of the JW was perfect. Our room had a very nice view of Canal St. and the French Quarter. Two different streetcars stop within a block of the hotel. It's the perfect location to explore the Garden District, CBD, French Quarter, riverfront, and lots more. Plus, there are a CVS and Walgreens right outside for all those traveling necessities.

Our room was clean and comfortable each day. We had limited interaction with the staff but they were very friendly and helpful. We didn't try the restaurant - just too many other great options nearby tempting us.

The coffee and tea were restocked daily but I wish we had regular mugs instead of just paper cups in the room. I appreciate the two small bottles of water free each day, in addition to the optional $5 bottle.

Two complaints: a few times the shower seemed to be short on hot water. Not ice cold, but there was definitely something not right. I didn't mention it to the staff because it only happened a few times and wasn't too bad. Second, there is a charge to use anything at all in the business center. You can't even hop online to check your email for free! We needed to pay online for a walking tour and were really irritated to find it would cost us a few dollars for 10 minutes of interet access plus a charge for printing. We called and paid the $4 processing fee to the tour company for a phone transaction instead.

We'll probably try a boutique French Quarter hotel next time, but if you're new to New Orleans and want something centrally located and easy, this is a good bet.

1  Thank afortunatelife
Reviewed December 14, 2009

We're from Baton Rouge and occasionally stay overnight in New Orleans. This would not be one of our top choices, but we were meeting a relative who gets a huge discount at Marriotts. Our room was fine and we encountered no problems except one: it was raining hard, there was no umbrella in the room, and the front desk ran out of umbrellas. I think heavy rain is foreseeable in New Orleans, as is the desire of guests to walk , and it is inexcusable to fail to provide an umbrella to every guest who needs one.
On the other hand: (1) the lady whose job it was to hail taxis Saturday night December 12 around 7:00 did a terrific job under very difficult circumstances, and (2) a uniformed staffer named Selassie ( I think that's his name) went out of his way to be helpful on two separate occasions. I don't know what his job is, but he certainly seems eager to deal with whatever has to be dealt with and get it done.

1  Thank museumgoer