I would recommend this hotel for:
1. LOCATION. Right on Canal Street, just a couple short blocks to Bourbon and French Quarters.
2. ROOM COMFORT. I had a corner, high floor room, which I would recommend. It was quiet, except for other guests closing their doors (some people don't have the courtesy to hold on to the door so it closes quietly, rather than slamming). AC was very cold, but we preferred it cooler than too warm.
3. GYM. Well equipped hotel gym with free weights, variety of machines, a cable unit, and high quality treadmills, bikes and ellipticals. Gym is open 24 hours with room key and provides towels. I didn't use the pool, but looked decent (on the smaller side).
4. EXECUTIVE LOUNGE. Definitely a benefit if you have Marriott status. I enjoyed the morning breakfasts. I didn't use the "happy hour", but I was very surprised about the "honor bar", where alcoholic drinks are chargeable. Since the majority of my JW Marriott hotel stays are in SE Asia, where the Executive Lounges are fantastic, maybe this is normal in the mainland for JWs. Nonetheless, we were surprised.
Overall, I would consider this hotel very good and would recommend it for business, couple or family travels. Great location and JW standards make it a good choice for New Orleans.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your JW Marriott New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott New Orleans
- New Orleans Marriott