WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Fabulous Father's Day Weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of JW Marriott New Orleans

Ranked #53 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
“Fabulous Father's Day Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Outstanding weekend! Cole Wallace, Gersan Paz, Natalia, Tamya & Madeline provided by far the most outstanding customer satisfaction to guests that we've had the opportunity to experience during all of our many Marriott stays. The property is spotless, the rooms are spacious and very comfy. The location is excellent! Great Father's Day weekend with our family! Thank you JW our experience during this visit has surly led to our return to your magnificent property!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Indonesian first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Paul R was very nice and friendly. He provided us with great southern hospitality. The hotel was located in a great location. The quality was superior and the room had a great view. We really enjoyed all the staff making us feel welcome.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Felicia H
houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

we had booked 2 nights with 3 rooms We were not disappointed in our rooms or our service
staff very friendly and helpful had requested baby beds they were in place by the time we got to rooms we requested adjoining rooms that was done as well i will stay here again i like the location and the staff

Room Tip: end rooms they are larger
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear mmt50,

Thank you for your kind words. As one of the top hotels in New Orleans, we make it a priority to cater to each and every need of our guests. We are happy that we were able to personalize your experience by delivering your request to your guest room prior to your arrival. I hope you'll return to our fair city soon, because although two nights is nice, a longer stay opens up all kinds of new possibilities. We'd be happy to set up a fun-filled itinerary to maximize your time. Please let me know if I can be of any help booking your next trip.

Cole Wallace

Director of Operations
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Steven the bartender at the bar and grill was awesome. Great service great drinks and great personality. Made the stay at the j w Marriott even more enjoyable. Thanks Steven and good luck on future endeavors!

• Stayed June 2013
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I usually stay at 2-3 star hotels and motels, so I was definitely looking forward to my stay at the JW Marriot. But they exceeded my expectations. Not only were the rooms spotless and very comfortable (I don't think I've ever slept so well in any bed other than my own), but the service was exceptional. Every doorman, bellhop, desk clerk, and housekeeper was friendly and eager to help, going out of their way to get us anything we needed, be it an extra bathrobe, advice on outings or transportation, or even duct tape! I wasn't really considering a swamp tour until the doorman suggested it. The concierges were especially helpful regarding tours. There are so many tours available in New Orleans, it can be overwhelming. Some of them are really cheesy...how to you know which ones are good? The concierges Isabelle and Daisy provided us with a city tour, a cemetery tour, and a swamp tour, all of which were fantastic with excellent, knowledgeable, entertaining guides. The concierge Andrew showed us where the best art galleries and boutiques were. The location of the JW Marriot couldn't be better, right next to the French Quarter, on the trolley line, near the casino. I fell in love with New Orleans, and I've been spoiled by the JW Marriot. I don't think I could stay anywhere else if (when!) I return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OpsManager70130, General Manager at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Kristen H,

Thanks for your feedback in regards to your stay here at the JW Marriott New Orleans. I am so happy to hear that your trip was everything you hoped for—and more. It's encouraging to hear such high praise, and it inspires us to try even harder in the future.

Knowing the city of New Orleans in and out is a part of our job. That includes all of the exceptional tours, events, and hidden gems. We're always willing to make recommendations, and it sounds like you enjoyed many of the attractions the city offers.

You are always welcome to stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again, sooner rather than later. Let us know know if we can be of any help in planning your next stay here in the Big Easy.

Ted Selogie

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

The JW is right on Canal near the French Quarter and the Central Business District. I moved up from the Hilton Reiverside after my convention ended and couldn't have been more happy. The service is friendly and efficient and the room was very comfortable and spacious. The Exec Lounge was nice with a seperate meeting area for conducting business. The lobby bar seemed lively but the restaurant appeared to be under populated. Not surprising in an area like NOLA with som many great food options. The hotel was a welcome piece of respite in a what can be a very chaotic city.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while in town for my son's basketball tournament and the best part of the hotel was the great customer service I received from George the Bartender. He was always so helpful and polite with a positive attitude everyday. I was a little disappointed with my check out as my room didn't have any cold water and I was told at check out they would give me a discount on my stay and that didn't happen :(. I was also told that others in my party received one rate but they would not honor that rate for me and the young lady at check out was not so friendly. She should take a page out of George the Bartender's book on customer service. For the exception of me not having cold water the 3 days I was there and the check out not being so great the overall stay was fine.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Terri B
Dear Terri B,

It's always a pleasure to receive feedback from a valued customer. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the exceptional service of one of our staff members. As a whole, we pride ourselves on service, and it surprises me that friendliness didn't extend throughout your entire visit. I can assure you that your experience with George is our standard, not the exception. We will definitely recognize George for the impression he made on you. I am also concerned that you experienced a problem with the water temperature in your room. We will have our maintenance team look into the situation immediately. If there's anything else I can do at this time, please let me know. We hope to see you again soon, as we would love to turn your "fine" experience into a "fantastic" experience.

Cole Wallace