“Centrally located very nice hotel...”

JW Marriott New Orleans
Ranked #68 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is nicely located in downtown New Orleans. the rooms are well decorated and comfortable. The hotel itself has a central bar and upscale restaurant. Easy access and within walking distance to all the the sites in the downtown area. Restaurants and casino close by so walking is not a big deal at all. The pool and workout room is available. Overall I would recommend this property to anyone. The staff was very efficient and friendly. It made you feel like you were coming in to visit them. I liked the place and would highly recommend it if you want to impress or just be impressed.

If you find this helpful please mark it so.
thanks Berny

Room Tip: Higher rooms are much better. Road noise a problem for the low floors.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This was my first time in the beautiful city of New Orleans and I chose to stay at the JW Marriott. I was greeted by friendly staff outside the hotel, as well as at the front desk, concierge desk, and the bar. Everyone had helpful suggestions about what to do and see throughout my stay. Whenever necessary, the staff coordinated taxis/shuttles so that I was easily able to travel around the city. George (at the hotel bar) introduced me to some new drinks while I was there. He kept me entertained and was always upbeat and friendly, even when I was only passing the bar to go somewhere else. Overall, I had a great experience at this location and will definitely come back here on my next trip to New Orleans.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was my 5th stay at this hotel. The official address of the hotel is on Canal Street, but the car entrance is behind Canal Street. It is a great location for business or pleasure trips. Like a lot of things in New Orleans, it may seem odd to have the main entrance on a side street, but you get a feeling of intimacy when you turn the corner off the busy streets and the only indication of activity are the JW flags fluttering over the entrance. When you arrive in the hotel, you are greeted with enthusiastic warmth and lots of authentic New Orleans drawl. The whole staff makes you feel very welcome. The front desk staff are particularly professional and very helpful. The rooms are 100% JW Marriott - elegant, comfortable, and quiet. The hotel has a salt water pool and tight, but well done fitness center. The bar is elegant, modern, and quite large. My only criticism of the hotel has been that there is not a good restaurant here. There is a restaurant, but the menu is tiny and doesn't appeal to me. When I'm staying here, I usually dine at the Palace across Canal Street from the hotel. I imagine that the hotel is struggling to find someone to open a good restaurant here since they would have to compete with some really great restaurants in the area that have been established for decades. I don't dock the hotel any points for not having a restaurant under the circumstances. Most people wouldn't spend much time in their hotels anyway. I like this JW and the people who work there.

Room Tip: The king corner rooms are large and not much more expensive than a basic room. Wwll worth the extra...
8  Thank rwaites
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear rwaites,

Thank you for taking the time to review your fifth and most recent stay. We've found that return visits always reveal something new to love about the JW Marriott. One thing that remains the same, however, is our commitment to service. As you noted, we welcome all guests with open arms and send them on their way with a smile. In your review, you've also touched on a number of our unique facilities and amenities, including the saltwater pool. I am pleased to know that you were able to experience all that our property has to offer—in addition to all the wonderful businesses located within walking distance.

We look forward to hosting you again soon. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help plan a visit.

Cole Wallace

Director of Operations
JW Marriott New Orleans

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed 3 nights at the JW on Canal just steps away from the French Quarter. Made some special requests for a feather free room and a small fridge and microwave and everything was in place upon our arrival thanks to Ms Morris. Kimberly at the front desk took care of us at check in and moved us into an upgraded suite as I am a platinum elite member. The staff was incredibly friendly. We will definitely stay again the next time we hit the Big Easy.

Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have been a Marriott Honoreg Guest member (several different levels including Platinum) since 1979. Following a stay at the JW in Washington, D.C. last year I vowed not again. I had stayed at the downtown Marriott in New Orleans, but didn't know they had a JW. I was in New Orleans for an American Bar Association conference last weekend and stumbled upon a JW in the French Quarter 4 blocks from Bourbon Street. You'd barely notice it on Canal but its there. I had a wonderful experience restoring my faith in the brand. I highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Great rooms, ideal location, and fantastic breakfast. But what made this stay stand out the most was the service. From the multiple emails I received prior to our stay, to our experience with the bellmen, front desk staff, management, and the restaurant staff, I was so impressed with the kindness and attentiveness of the hotel's staff. They consistently went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and enjoying our stay. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Good location, nice room although the bathroom is quite small, a great staff. The trolley stops right outside the door, just a few blocks from the French Quarter, great restaurants and much more. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple