“good property, well kept”

JW Marriott New Orleans
Ranked #72 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed April 14, 2008

The JW Marriott on Canal St is new, clean , spacious, and has excellent service. The location on Canal, two blocks away from the French Quarter ensures that you do not have to deal with or listen to the drunken clowns. The new facility ensures spacious room, bath and lobby, with a convenient bar. We used the valet very often, and never waited more than a few minutes for the car.

Stayed: February 2008
Write a ReviewReviews (2,469)

Reviewed April 4, 2008

Very nice hotel, great location and wonderful staff. The beds are to rave about, with 8 pillows on them, I had a very good sleep. This hotel was honestly close to everything.
The room was always clean, the air works great, as stated before everything is provided for you ...iorn, robes, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, coffee, water, had something not been in the room that you needed all you had to do was ask and not 5 min later you have in hand whatever it was you asked for.
I do also have to rave about Steven Petty ( hope I have the name right) talk about customer service, this is the "go to" man if you need anything he was AWESOME. Thanks for all your help from the 4 Canadian girls down for the weekend.
I can't wait to go back to New Orleans and this is the hotel of choice forsure!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank tattooedbears
Reviewed April 2, 2008

IF you go to New Orleans you definately want to stay in a hotel such as this one because it is in a prime location. I would not recommend staying outside the French Quarter. The hotel itself was above average, I was there for business and stayed in the 29th out of 30 floors. The view was not spectacular but the benefit was that I was high up not to hear noise. It was very quiet and relaxing. The room was beautiful, nice bathroom, sink outside, corrodor in the room with closet, separate room with bad (tons fo pillows) desk, two night tables, 3 phones! , ottoman, etc., very comfy, room service was pretty good but a little cold. Someone came in mid day to set my room up for my night sleep (which I never experienced) Check in and out was very simple, Hotel was extremely clean, elevators fast. Room had iron, robes, water,. My emphesis would definately be the location, two blocks from Bourbon street! Across fromt he French Quarter. Overall this was definately an above average hotel. I took many pictures so take a look at them. The hotel also had a very nice atrium.

2  Thank RobertsTrvlTips
Reviewed April 2, 2008

We just got back from our stay at the JW Marriott in New Orleans and LOVED it!! It was a luxury hotel in a great location. If you're looking for a more "French Quarter" looking hotel, this isn't it, it's a typical luxury high-rise hotel, located on Canal st, right near Royal..easy walk to everything-very convenient.

As for the rooms, they were very clean and had amazing beds! The room comes with everything you'd need (iron, hair dryer, robes, even complimentary bottled water) you could even request a mini fridge at no charge. The staff at the hotel were amazing, so friendly and accommodating. We ordered room service a few late nights and were amazed at how good the food was and how great the prices were.

The only problem we had with the hotel was that there was a problem with paying our room service charge...we wanted to pay cash, but some attendants wouldn't take it, and some would..so we paid it upon check out and explained our issue to the general manager and he took care of the problem...he definitely knows how to treat people...we were very impressed with his customer service skills.

Overall, I loved the hotel and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2008

I stayed at the Marriott for 3 days for a business meeting.
Pluses: great location, comfortable beds, nice staff at the front desk, nice bell-staff

Minuses: Terrible soundproofing in the rooms, overdone deodorizer in the rooms, poor temperature control for the rooms

Reviewed March 22, 2008

Stayed two weekend nights in March with husband. He wanted to stay at Marriott across the street but it was booked. Said that it had a better view but without a balcony I'm not concerned about a view. JW did give us a corner room so hubby got his view.

The hotel/room was very clean. The beds were very comfortable and had lots of pillows. Was very pleased with the room. Did make it to the work out room on 8th floor.

Hotel is in walking distance of French Quarter. Enjoyed a great meal at Ct of 2 Sisters. Was around $75pp including wine/tip. Veal Oscar and bread pudding were awesome. I've had better Cesar salads. Next night went to Acme O. House and had to wait in line. I thought that place was very overrated. Stopped by several bars and really liked the Carousel. It was spring break so Pat O'Brian’s and others were very packed/noisy.

Got free passes for continental breakfast each morning. It was OK but I would not pay $33.00 for 2. There is a McDonald's close by.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2008

I just got home from the JW Marriott in New Orleans today and I'm already missing the hotel. The hotel is located in a great location and is convenient to EVERYTHING. The staff is friendly and welcoming. They will work to accomodate your needs. The rooms are excellent. You have your own thermostat and the beds are extremely comfortable. And they aren't the usual ugly hotel sheets and blankets. The room was very clean and housekeeping was awesome. I never once ran out of towels and the sheets were always clean and changed every day. They left PLENTY of shampoo and conditioner. You get two complimentary bottles of water every day so you do not need to buy the bottle of Evian they offer. You also get the paper. I had a great view and I did not ask for a room with a view. The room was large in size and the bathroom was a nice size as well. The water was always hot. I was very impressed and I will definately be back. I've stayed in Luxury Suites and have to say it did not compare to a regular room at the JW Marriott. I never ordered room service due to so many resteraunts in NO but my neighbors ALWAYS did, noon and night so I am assuming the food was good. I know the prices were very reasonable. I never once had a problem with loud neighbors. I wouldn't have known I had neighbors if it wouldn't be for the empty room service tray in front of the door when I would be leaving or coming in at night. You couldn't choose a better hotel!