“Great Stay at the JW New Orleans”

JW Marriott New Orleans
Ranked #67 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was lucky to bid on this hotel through Priceline and won at a great rate of $75/night – when the hotel was going for $279 - $309/night. I really try to present a balanced review when I go to hotels and this review will be short, because this property was definitely on the level. The reception from the front door to the hotel room itself was exceptional. All the hotel employees seemed to be very warm and friendly, going above the normal call of duty to make guests feel welcome. I purchased 4 rooms for 2 nights and all of our family was pleased with their rooms.

Issues during our stay: One of our rooms had a toilet that was stopped up. The hotel sent someone right up who resolved the issue in about 30-45 mins. We were hoping for doubles, but the hotel ran out of them. The management did sent up a roll away bed within 10 mins of check-in. Parking was a WHOPPING $35 night, which I later found out was cheap, because I saw hotels charging $45 a block away. We ended up using a parking garage 2 blocks away overnight that was about $17. All our rooms had a refrigerator except one – I didn’t raise it as a problem, I simply placed our goods in another room. But it would have been more convenient to have a fridge in all our rooms. The restrooms are awkwardly situated in such a way as you cannot access the toilet without stepping completely into the restroom and closing the door -- a minor inconvenience.

Other than the issued noted above, this hotel was clean, friendly and a value for the money we spent. My mother and sister-in-law couldn’t stop talking about how comfortable the beds/pillows were. Our rooms had great views of the city from the 19th floor, which added to the delight of the higher floor. Not to mention a short 2 min walk from the hotel right to the action on Bourbon St.

I’m very critical when it comes to hotels, but this one definitely had (most of) their stuff together. I’ve stayed in some 4* hotels that were not NEARLY as nice as this. In fact, just stayed in a South Beach, FL hotel that could take a note from these folks. Kudos!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank MusicalTravel

Reviewed November 8, 2012

This hotel is great for a business trip and is walking distance to go out and eat on French Quarter/Bourbon Street.

Located at Canal St and Royal St, so just across Canal St and go one block down to Bourbon St to plenty of great restaurants.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gary G
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I loved the JW Marriott New Orleans. Every single person working at this hotel from the front desk to the bell hop to housekeeping always had a smile on their face. Southern hospitality at its best. Unfortunately the lobby was under construction, so we didn't get to enjoy the lobby as much as we would have liked, but the daily spread of complimentary cookies more than made up for that! The rooms were spacious and clean. After a long work day, it was great to just melt into a comfy bed with nice crisp, clean linens and have a solid night's sleep.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The customer service and location are unparalleled! I originally considered this hotel to plan a business meeting and ended up staying an extra few days for pleasur because me experience was so enjoyable. The event planning group for planning the meeting made my job so much easier andtook care of all the details. The Concierge Lounge offers the best food I have encountered at any hotel and the rooms were large and comfortable. Great location with easy access to French Quarters. The charge for internet was on the expensive side, and the lobby was small, but the friendliness and helpfullness of the concierge and staff made up for it. I got a rate cheaper than the Marriott, so don't assume the luxary implied with JW means higher price. I will stay there on every future visit to New Orleans!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We only spent a single night while waiting to move into a house rental for the ensuing week, but to be honest I did not want to leave. We were immediately greeted, had our car parked and luggage moved inside. The person at the reception desk for check in was extremely pleasant and professional. The spacious room more than met our expectations. Our rooms were spotless with high quality linens. This, along with the excellent location just steps from the French Quarter and a direct easy distance from the Garden District made it a perfect stay. I'd highly recommend this hotel for your stay in New Orleans.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Front desk staff was very friendly. Great views! I thought it was the perfect location, as it was in the thick of things, but far enough from rowdy crowds. Also, this was probably THE COMFIEST bed I have EVER slept in!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I expect the JW Marriott to be a higher level but this one just seemed like an average Marriott. Rooms were fine, decent gym, small pool area. The lobby/lower levels were under construction so there were fewer places to lounge outside of your room and the business center was closed. The staff was nice and accomodating and the warm cookies in the afternoon are a nice touch. The hotel is in a great location to hit the french quarter and steps from the bus that goes to Magazine Street. I was there for business but I imagine I would go again if the rates were great. They did have great conference food.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business