“Best hotel experience in New Orleans ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott New Orleans

JW Marriott New Orleans
Ranked #47 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Best hotel experience in New Orleans ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The customer service and location are unparalleled! I originally considered this hotel to plan a business meeting and ended up staying an extra few days for pleasur because me experience was so enjoyable. The event planning group for planning the meeting made my job so much easier andtook care of all the details. The Concierge Lounge offers the best food I have encountered at any hotel and the rooms were large and comfortable. Great location with easy access to French Quarters. The charge for internet was on the expensive side, and the lobby was small, but the friendliness and helpfullness of the concierge and staff made up for it. I got a rate cheaper than the Marriott, so don't assume the luxary implied with JW means higher price. I will stay there on every future visit to New Orleans!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
  • Indonesian first
Eastham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We only spent a single night while waiting to move into a house rental for the ensuing week, but to be honest I did not want to leave. We were immediately greeted, had our car parked and luggage moved inside. The person at the reception desk for check in was extremely pleasant and professional. The spacious room more than met our expectations. Our rooms were spotless with high quality linens. This, along with the excellent location just steps from the French Quarter and a direct easy distance from the Garden District made it a perfect stay. I'd highly recommend this hotel for your stay in New Orleans.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Front desk staff was very friendly. Great views! I thought it was the perfect location, as it was in the thick of things, but far enough from rowdy crowds. Also, this was probably THE COMFIEST bed I have EVER slept in!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I expect the JW Marriott to be a higher level but this one just seemed like an average Marriott. Rooms were fine, decent gym, small pool area. The lobby/lower levels were under construction so there were fewer places to lounge outside of your room and the business center was closed. The staff was nice and accomodating and the warm cookies in the afternoon are a nice touch. The hotel is in a great location to hit the french quarter and steps from the bus that goes to Magazine Street. I was there for business but I imagine I would go again if the rates were great. They did have great conference food.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Pristine hotel with a warm a friendly staff who accommodated my requests expeditiously and without hassle despite significant ongoing renovations throughout the hotel. The front desk even offered to help me resolve a dispute with another hotel in the area. Few minor structural problems in the bathroom but it was spotless. Overall superb hotel which will be even better after renovation completion.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank PA1778
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We arrived at the hotel, made us wait 6 hours for our room then told us they overbooked and that we did not have a room at all. We had made reservations 6 months in advance, but apparently, that did not matter. They did not apologize and were very short with us in discussing the issue. They then said they would pay for our room at a Residence Inn 4 miles away, completely removed from the French Quarter. Needless to say, I would absolutely never book a room with the J.W again and I would advise anyone who is considering this hotel to look elsewhere, anywhere.

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank Jd2323
OpsManager70130, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Jd2323,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience at our hotel. Please accept our sincerest apology for not being able to honor your reservation at our hotel. Being in a situation where it is necessary to relocate a guest to another property is always a last resort. We are rarely in that situation and I again apologize that your trip to New Orleans and our hotel was negatively impacted by the hotel being over-committed. In these situations, we always cover the room and tax at the hotel that you are moved to, which I am sure was done in your circumstance, however, I do realize that this concession is often minuscule to the inconvenience. Again, please accept my apology and I sincerely hope that you will choose our hotel for your lodging needs if you return to New Orleans. I invite you to use me as a resource as I will insure that your stay with us would be flawless.

Cole Wallace
Director of Operations
cole.wallace@marriott.com
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights in the first half of October. The room was outdated, the pool and the gym plain but decent. The housekeeping was terrible. They took care of the towels every day but several times they forgot to take the trash. They never vacuumed the carpet during our stay. I am not sure if they were understaffed or they just didn't properly trained the housekeepers.
On the other hand the bellmen and the entrance greeters were always extremely polite and very helpful.
The breakfast was not included in the price of the room but there were always coffee and muffins in the hallway in the morning. This was a nice gesture.
I wouldn't particularly recommend this hotel especially because of the room cleanliness issues.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sami2003
OpsManager70130, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Sami2003,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent visit to our hotel. I apologize that your room was not cleaned properly during your stay. I appreciate that you have taken the time to inform us of the poor service that you received so that we may make immediate improvements to your concerns. The errors made by our housekeeping team are not a by-product of short staffing. We pride ourselves on the quality of work that our guest room attendants deliver and the lack of attention to detail is definitely an issue we would like to address. Please contact me directly so that I may gain additional information, so that we may properly address the errors that were made during your stay. I again apologize for your experience and I look forward to hearing from you.

Cole Wallace