“Great Location”

JW Marriott New Orleans
Ranked #60 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
“Great Location”
Reviewed March 22, 2008

Stayed two weekend nights in March with husband. He wanted to stay at Marriott across the street but it was booked. Said that it had a better view but without a balcony I'm not concerned about a view. JW did give us a corner room so hubby got his view.

The hotel/room was very clean. The beds were very comfortable and had lots of pillows. Was very pleased with the room. Did make it to the work out room on 8th floor.

Hotel is in walking distance of French Quarter. Enjoyed a great meal at Ct of 2 Sisters. Was around $75pp including wine/tip. Veal Oscar and bread pudding were awesome. I've had better Cesar salads. Next night went to Acme O. House and had to wait in line. I thought that place was very overrated. Stopped by several bars and really liked the Carousel. It was spring break so Pat O'Brian’s and others were very packed/noisy.

Got free passes for continental breakfast each morning. It was OK but I would not pay $33.00 for 2. There is a McDonald's close by.

Would definitely stay again.

• Liked — Location Location Location
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (502)
  • Indonesian first
Denham Springs,La
Reviewed March 17, 2008

I just got home from the JW Marriott in New Orleans today and I'm already missing the hotel. The hotel is located in a great location and is convenient to EVERYTHING. The staff is friendly and welcoming. They will work to accomodate your needs. The rooms are excellent. You have your own thermostat and the beds are extremely comfortable. And they aren't the usual ugly hotel sheets and blankets. The room was very clean and housekeeping was awesome. I never once ran out of towels and the sheets were always clean and changed every day. They left PLENTY of shampoo and conditioner. You get two complimentary bottles of water every day so you do not need to buy the bottle of Evian they offer. You also get the paper. I had a great view and I did not ask for a room with a view. The room was large in size and the bathroom was a nice size as well. The water was always hot. I was very impressed and I will definately be back. I've stayed in Luxury Suites and have to say it did not compare to a regular room at the JW Marriott. I never ordered room service due to so many resteraunts in NO but my neighbors ALWAYS did, noon and night so I am assuming the food was good. I know the prices were very reasonable. I never once had a problem with loud neighbors. I wouldn't have known I had neighbors if it wouldn't be for the empty room service tray in front of the door when I would be leaving or coming in at night. You couldn't choose a better hotel!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
Old Bridge, New Jersey
Reviewed March 8, 2008

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights on a business trip. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, and the staff was friendly, so it was a good experience overall.

I was a little shocked to come back to my room one day with a repairman in my bathroom, but he did install a brand new shower knob, so I guess that's a good thing for the next guest who stays in that room :)

There is no gift shop or convenience store in the hotel, but the location was great, so I was able to find everything I needed within walking distance. There are countless gift shops on Decatur, and for snacks, there is a Walgreens nearby.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank October08Best
bluefield va
Reviewed March 1, 2008

I stay at the jw several times a year for both business and personal trips. the reviewer who complained about the elevators must be mistaken. the hotel has four elevators with access to any floor on each. the rooms have always been clean even just a months after katrina.

the front desk and concierge are helpful, in particular, isabelle who is great in assisting withe reservations and/or tickets.

debra at the lobby bar is the best ever, always helpful, friendly and makes you feel welcome.

• Liked — the staff
  • Disliked — lack of newstand
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
Kentucky
Reviewed March 1, 2008

We stayed a week at the JW. Perfect location- walked to restaurants, aquarium, casino. Staff was wonderful-especially Gwendalyn. Room was good size, free washer/dryer on 8th floor, housekeeping and turndown were great. Hotel was busy, but still able to offer personal service.

• Liked — Location, Staff
  • Disliked — smallish bathroom
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
mobile, al
Reviewed February 25, 2008

We were only at the hotel for a night,but found it to be clean, well-appointed, and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful, which is something we are very used to in New Orleans. We ordered room service from the all night menu and the staff was very accommodating in preparing a couple of things for us that were not on the limited late night menu. We look forward to staying at the JW Marriott in the future, hopefully for more than 1 night!

• Liked — Clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — We didn't have such a great view, but that sort of thing seldom ruins our day!
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Long Island, NY
Reviewed February 22, 2008

My husband and I spent 4 nites at the JW Marriott for NBA All-Star weekend. We had a corner room on the 28th floor with a great view of the city. The location of the hotel is perfect for seeing all of the sights of New Orleans. The room was small but well laid out and the bed was very comfortable. The buffet breakfast at Shula's was great except for the very rude chef at the omelette/waffle station. I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — walking distance to all of the sights of New Orleans
  • Disliked — small room
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple