JW Marriott New Orleans
$179
$153
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Breakfast included
$189
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
$249
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$118
$138
$102
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$197
2,528 results
All reviewscanal streetgreat locationthe executive loungecorner roomfrench quartercommon streetlobby barbourbon stfitness centervery nice hoteljazz festvalet parkingthe entire staffmardi grastwo blocksgarden districtjackson square
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Very upscale hotel with prices to match but service was great and most comfortable hotel bed ever. Service was very friendly but do not waste your money for dinner at Shula food was good but wine list was outrageous an portions way to big.

1  Thank salesgirl40
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I am also puzzled by the negative reviews of this wonderful hotel. My wife and I just got back from an anniversary trip to New Orleans, and were dazzled by the JW Marriott. From the doorman to check-in to concierge to waitstaff and housekeeping, the service was simply impeccable. On top of that, the staff seemed to truly enjoy what they were doing - smiles and jokes all around made the trip even more fun. Add to that a great location (two blocks to Bourbon street, walking distance to the Riverwalk and French Market), great food and drinks, beautiful and spacious rooms, terrific lobby....well, not much more to say. Highly, highly, recommended - I literally cannot think of a single negative thing to say about this property.

3  Thank melbyed
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My family and I just returned from the JW Marriott in New Orleans. The staff was all very nice and extremely helpful. The Canal Streetcars were literally across the street, so getting around was very easy and economical. The St. Charles Streetcar was just around the corner. It's on the outskirt of the French Quarter, which for us, was perfect. Just across the street was Bourbon and Royal. So, it was close enough to get in on all the fun, yet far enough away from it that we could sleep in a quiet location.

The rooms were a decent size, very clean and very comfortable. We didn't spend much time there, but, were very happy with the accomodations. I'd definately stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kstvlagnt
Reviewed October 10, 2011

My husband stayed here for 3 nights for a conference and I joined him for two additional nights to celebrate our anniversary. We had a spacious corner room which was recently updated: nice linens, large flat screen TV, very thick bathrobes and towels. The location was excellent being one block from the French Quarter and one block to the street car to the Garden District.

It is the staff which makes this hotel something more than your typical Marriott. The doorman Albert was exceptionally friendly and helpful. He greeeted us by name whenever he saw us. Isabelle the concierge not only secured a hard to come by reservation for us, but sent champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to our room for our anniversary. Our stay here was made memorable due to their efforts.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are more spacious and far from the elevators
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I'm puzzled by the negative reviews because I stayed here from Oct 5th-9th and had a wonderful experience. I was on the 19th floor and it was quiet. The room was clean, spacious, and the bed was super comfortable. The staff was pleasant at all times and very welcoming. There is nothing negative to be said about the hotel itself or the rooms. The location is on Canal St, within walking distance to the major French Quarter locations, Bourbon St, and the streetcar lines. I liked the free WiFi in the lobby and there were 2 computers guests could use (in the lobby) to check email or print airline boarding passes (free). They also gave out free newspapers at the front desk along with free apples. I would recommend avoiding the gift shop as it is small and has basically nothing (except candy and clothes) for sale. There are other shops for food and soda right on Canal St. Also, the hotel restuarant (Shula's) had a rather pitiful breakfast buffet with poor service. Instead of eating here, go across the street, as there are tons of restaurants open 24 hours. Aside from the food and gift shop, everything else was FLAWLESS. Do not hesitate to stay here. I am a VERY PICKY customer and I loved it!!!!! A great location and a clean, comfy room.

Room Tip: I had a corner suite on a high floor and it was quiet and clean!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business