“Very nice hotel in an excellent location”

JW Marriott New Orleans
Ranked #61 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Jersey, UK
“Very nice hotel in an excellent location”
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I like JW Marriott Hotels as I always find them to be high quality and was not disappointed with the JW Marriott New Orleans during my two night stay. The hotel is very well located and a short walk from the French Quarter, the waterfront and Harrahs Casino.

The room was modern and very nice with a view overlooking the city and Jackson Square.

I did not eat in the restaurant, but had a few drinks in the bar which was very pleasant.

The hotel was in good condition but a little dated in places and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

If I were to visit New Orleans again, I would stay at the JW Marriott depending on the room rate.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank AndyJsy79

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
  • Indonesian first
New York City
Reviewed June 1, 2011

One again, my wife and I spent our annual Memorial Day visit to NOLA at the JW Marriott. It's clean, comforable and relatively quiet for such a large building. Marriott beds are great! My wife loves hangin' out by the pool. I find the staff to be exceptional. (So many of them asked me how I feel, or tell me to have a nice day.) The workers at the reception area, William Jenkins and Janerio V. will go out of their way to find you information or help you check in/out. (Yes it's their job, but they really seem to enjoy what they do.)
One morning,I had the breakfast buffet dounstairs at Shula's. There were only a few customers. Since I ordered the buffet, I basically waited on myself, got my own coffee...etc. When I asked for a check, the waiter told me that the breakfest was "no charge". When I asked for an explanation, he apologized for "not giving me enough attention." I was amazed. It's an indication of how this hotel values customer satifaction. I love staying here.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Convenient location near Bourbon Street. Everything within walking distance. Trolly stops out front and around the corner. We spent five days in a great room on the 29th floor with an incredible view of the Mississippi river and the French Quarter. The room had a comfortable bed, was nicely decorated and had a LCD TV. Good water pressure & A/C. The elevators were fast, never had to wait longer than 30 seconds. On the downside, there is no WiFi in the room, only wired access. Wifi is only available in the lobby area. No guest fridge – mini bar only. There is only valet parking available and the entrance is behind the building on Common Street. The cost is $32 but that is to be expected in a city with limited parking space availability. The only problem that we encountered was with our bathtub. It was recently reglazed but it wasn’t done properly so it was peeling off like a bad manicure. It didn’t bother us because it was so hot in New Orleans that we just wanted a shower. The front desk seemed surprised when we informed them about it. We were told that they were going to look into it and get back to us. Have yet to hear anything from the hotel management.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LostTravellers
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 28, 2011

This hotel is in right on Canal Street, two block from Bourbon street. This is a very nice hotel with very comfortable beds. We were on the concierge floor with access to the club room. Unfortunately, the club room was closed on Sunday. We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2011

Came to this hotel with a friend for Jazzfest. Nice location, beautiful hotel, great staff. Only wished they had a hot tub to soak our aching feet after walking so much. We dipped our feet in the rooftop pool. Overall great stay!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank joynceddy
Terre Haute
Reviewed May 26, 2011

This hotel is right off Canal street, just a block or two from the French Quarter. Room service was good and there are local restaurants that will deliver food to the hotel if you don't feel like going out. There was no minibar fridge in the room. The front entrance to the hotel sits on a side street, but the shuttle bus actually picked us up at the Sheraton which is in the next block on Canal. I found housekeeping a bit slow as I returned from the morning session of my meeting to find the room had not been service yet. The decor was very pretty throughout the hotel. The beds were comfortable and the rooms quiet. I was disappointed that the WiFi in the room was not free so I had to lug my laptop down to the lobby to connect to the internet. There was a computer station available for printing boarding passes but again it was inconveniently in the front lobby and it was somewhat problematic. All in all a nice hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Missouri
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We had a room on the 30th floor, over looking the French Quarter and the River. You do not need to stay any closer to the French Quarter, you basicall walk across the street! (Canal).

Great room, frig in room. ONLY complaint is NO wifi!!!! What??? It was a
PAIN IN THE REAR to have us both on the web, we took turns. We had just left
a 100 year old hotel that had FREE wifi! So....THIS WAS NOT GOOD.

I would stay here again but they need wifi!!!

We didn't eat at the hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple