Lafitte Guest House
Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
$289
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$238
$199
  • Breakfast included
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$286
$229
  • Breakfast included
New Orleans Marriott(New Orleans)
Marriott Hotels
$432
$404
$332
$289
  • Restaurant
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$260
$269
  • Fitness center
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$338
$191
Travelocity
$382
$339
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbourbon stblacksmith shopquiet endfrench quarterpeople watchingperfect locationwalking distancegreat place to staythird flooreach morningyogurtcontinental breakfastbeautiful roomhigh ceilingsbed was very comfortablefew blocksjackson square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 12, 2010

This was my first trip to New Orleans and I like to stay in guesthouses and BnB's for the local charm and I don't care for the cookie cutter hotels. I noticed some complaints here, but nothing too outrageous and it seemed like folks didn't expect it to be a guesthouse. It's not contemporary, it's classic and charming. I stayed in room 21 and booked my room with Edwin who was there most of the time and a very cool guy. The owners a super nice and helped us find anything we needed, called cabs, and were very accommodating. The bed was very comfortable and they are at the quiet end of Bourbon so the noise wasn't an issue and was an easy stumble home from the bars. Next door is the oldest bar in the US and they have a piano bar in the back with only candle light. Very romantic and unique. The people of New Orleans are really cool and laid back. It's a fun place to be and the Lafitte is a great place to stay. My room was clean, the balcony was huge, and the furnishings were quality antiques which made for a nice romantic setting. I read some complaints about other guests walking from the kitchen out onto the balcony for the room so I made sure the curtains were closed and when we were ready, we went out and enjoyed breakfast biscuits, juice, and coffee with the other guests. Every other guest we met was very happy with their room as well. I travel a lot and these reviews can be helpful for details, but the only reason I can think of why you would not stay here is if you like a contemporary decor. I've stayed in guesthouses with Old furnishings and obviously run down and that does not describe this property. It's well kept, very high quality antique furnishings, tons of charm, and an extremely nice staff. I'll go back to New Orleans again and stay here and highly recommend the Lafitte.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2010

I won't evaluate, I'll just give an explicit description my room: Stains on the bedspread, termite droppings on the stairwell, rotted wood on the baseboards, water stains on the ceiling and walls, dried yellow stains on the toilet seat at check-in, blue masking tape holding together cracked bathroom window, lamps that had no outlet nearby to plug in, paper thin walls, two thin bath towels, no hand towels at all. All this for $130 per night. I checked out after one night and moved to a much nicer place, one block away for the same price.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2010

Rooms did not look like what was posted, Bedding cheap and old looking. We were moved to another room due to their inability to heat the room, had to leave the hotel due to the cold. Clerk was wearing gloves, scarf and coat, one door had blanket over it to keep the chill out. Hole in window was taped with duct tape! Staff was very nice and accomodating but we could not get warm enough to be comfortable enough to spend a night. I brought my office staff here for a get-away, it was disappointing. I am contacting the management for a refund since we were unable to stay.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2009

For over 20 years I have stayed at Lafitte Guest House. But the new owners are not, in my opinion, at all capable of running this place. I was a regular guest and my stay there spanned several owners. I got to know the staff very well since some of them had been there for years, and I stayed there several times during each year. I really enjoyed the place before these "new" owners took over. It is soooooo bad that I will never stay there again. I still travel to New Orleans several times a year, but I have found a new "home" in New Orleans, and I am very well treated. The owner of the Lafitte Guesthouse has , by her bad attitude, lost the business of a regular customer and I spread the word to people I know going to N.O., not to stay there--- and they don't.

Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank MartyAtlanta
Reviewed July 31, 2009

We rented the Lafitte Guest House for a family event. The rooms are beautiful and the staff was excellent!!! The home has original wrought iron balconies and we felt as if we were experiencing true New Orleans history. The location is on the quiet end of Bourbon Street and we felt as if we were local french quarter residents. The staff arranged many events for our group to include live jazz music and food for our guests. We didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: July 2009