“Beautiful, fun, fabulous”

Ranked #21 of 137 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Beautiful, fun, fabulous”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

What an amazing place with superb staff. I was part of a large wedding celebration that filled up the house, and everyone loved Lafitte's! The staff took the best care of us imaginable - I left my phone in a cab and not only did the cab company return it to Lafitte's, the manager Eddy Fed-Exed it to me the next day. Then followed up to make sure we got it!! Thanks so much Eddy. The house was sparkling clean and the food and bevs were stocked at all times. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud - even better than 5-star hotel beds you've slept in. Can't say enough about this place...I'll definitely be back. Thanks for everything Lafitte's staff!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here for our 2 year wedding anniversary. We were excited enough to just be staying on Bourbon but could not have chosen a better place to actually stay the night! It was surreal being able to stand on this calm and peaceful balcony with such an incredible view of the city while being so close to all the excitement that is Bourbon Street. We stayed for three nights and loved everything about it. It was like stepping into another time almost. As you open the door off Bourbon, you enter this absolutely gorgeous house with matching gorgeous furniture and that feeling of being safe. We stayed on the third floor with a balcony and our room was magnificent! Very spacious and nice and quiet. The staff (every single one of them) was so helpful and knew a lot about the city. The lovely woman that cleaned our room was so on point and sweet. Everyone made us feel really taken care of and that's what you want on vacation right?? The bed was one of the hardest things to say goodbye to, I seriously wanted to pack it up and take it home with me! I had the woman at the front desk find the name of the mattress for us to go buy it because we both slept like babies! The kitchen was well stocked with light breakfast options and the fridge had plenty of refreshments at all times. We only took a cab once since this location is so prime. Just a few blocks and you are in the heart of Bourbon! If you go left out of the house you are in residential areas which are in itself tranquil and quaint. I am already planning a trip back to Nola in May and guess where I want to stay?? :)
Kudos to the team here at Lafitte Guesthouse for really truly being ON POINT.
Check out their website and plan your trip. You WON'T be disappointed http://www.lafitteguesthouse.com/

Room Tip: The balcony rooms had spectacular views and were quite peaceful
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Abbielink
Ayden, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This was about the fifth time for me, but 9 years since my last visit. Room was bait spare compared to previous visits. You have to go to kitchen on second floor for breakfast. BUT the house keeper would bake a batch of the best biscuits and there would be a selection of fruit. Snacks were always available along with soda in the fridge, and home made cookies in the evening. Staff were very good. Only real complaint was WiFi signal was weak--four bars at bedroom door and one bar sitting in the large bed. Everything was clean and well presented.

Room Tip: No swimming pool and the fitness center consisted of walking about the Quarter. Front rooms get som...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix Arizona
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We filled up most of the rooms in Lafitte's Guest House this past weekend and I can't say enough about our stay in this beautiful guest house on Bourbon St and St Philip. Besides being in the perfect location (next to my favorite bar in NOLA), the decor, charm and hospitality was like a non-stop hug. Thank you Eddy, Jo-Ann and your amazing staff for all your help pulling off my birthday party/surprise wedding in your courtyard. We could not have done it without you. All of my friends and family remarked about your southern hospitality and how REAL it is. Todd and I stayed in the 2 bedroom unit on the third floor, Room 31. The bed alone was worth the price - a huge 4 poster king with two booster stairs. The room had a flat screen tv, desk, dressers, beautiful exposed brick walls, fireplace, big tub and massive balcony. We were so comfortable. It is our new favorite place to stay and we'll be back next year. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our wedding so memorable.

Room Tip: Our group had several balcony rooms and did not have a problem with noise from Bourbon Street. Satu...
1 Thank TravelVal
subwaysubs, Manager at Lafitte Guest House, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
It is always a pleasure to hear from our recent guests, particularly when it is as positive as your experience here at the Lafitte Guest House. We truly enjoyed hosting your Surprise Birthday/Wedding Event!

We strive every day to ensure our guests have a wonderful time here and it is extremely encouraging for you to tell us!!

Thanks again for your kind comments and patronage! We look foward to serving you again!
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My 2 friends and I travelled from different parts of Canada and met at the Lafitte Guest House. What a lovely spot. All of the staff were friendly and helpful and all had suggestions about restaurants, tours etc. Beautifully furnished, lots of little finishing touches like chocolates in the parlour, luxurious bedding and a little library if you forgot a book to read. Nicely stocked kitchen with coffee, water, fruit, baked biscuits etc. Great location in the beautiful French Quarter. A block or so from the hub bub which was nice.
Thanks to all for a great stay. If I'm ever back in NOLA, you'll be seeing me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
subwaysubs, Manager at Lafitte Guest House, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
We would like to thank you for your recent visit to the Lafitte Guest House, and particularly taking time to post your positive review. We strive every day to ensure our guests have a wonderful stay at the Lafitte Guest House,and a marvelous time in New Orleans.

It truly was a pleasure to serve you and we look forward to your next visit. Thank you for your kind comments and patronage.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I recently travelled to New Orleans with 2 friends. We stayed at the Lafitte Guest House. It is quaint and historic. I felt like I had stepped back in time. It is at the end of Bourbon street so you get a little night noise but it isn't bad at all. I kind of liked hearing the nightlife.... We had a large room on the main floor and a parlour room right outside it. The only negative was the petite bathroom, but we managed. The staff are very friendly and extremely helpful with information and excursion bookings. I would definitely stay here again.

Melville, New York
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Truly enjoyed my stay at Lafitte Guest House. Located right on Bourbon Street - a close walk to the main strip but far enough away to allow sleep...eventually. The common kitchen with its soda, water, coffee/tea and endless snacks and breakfast treats was awesome. Stayed in room 35, which was clean and roomy and had its own private bathroom. It felt private and safe. Housekeeping was right on top of things and do an excellent work. Would definitely stay at this location again!

1 Thank Dawn F
subwaysubs, Owner at Lafitte Guest House, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
We would like to thank you for your recent positive review, as complete satisfaction is our goal at the Lafitte Guest House. Thank you for taking time to share this with us, this type of feedback is helpful and important to us in delivering the highest levels of quality and service to our valuable guests.

We strive everyday to ensure our guests have a wonderful stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.