“Unprofessional behavior”

Hotel Villa Convento
Ranked #100 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed July 9, 2013

To whom it may concern:

Hello, we stayed at this hotel recently during our trip to New Orleans. Great location! Maybe not the most fancy hotel but it was nice and authentic. The night guy at the front desk was very helpful; with thorough knowledge of the city and some great recommendations!
However, we were alarmed and disappointed by the morning person. She was basically civil when speaking to us directly but then she was openly gossiping about her co-workers in front of us and other guests then proceeded to discuss some sordid details of her personal life (definitely NOT for children's ears!). This isn't what we want to deal with when we take a much needed vacation! We'll be back in New Orleans as soon as we can, but we'll probably consider a different hotel considering this experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The staff was very friendly, especially Barbara. We were treated well, had a clean and comfortable room, and were close to everything. The street was quiet which was nice. My wife and I like places with character, not the chain types, and this was perfect for us.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jeffthegolfguy
Hotel_Villa_Convento, Manager at Hotel Villa Convento, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

We absolutely love to hear positive reviews from our guests. We believe that the staff here is what makes this hotel a great experience for those visiting our city.

For security reasons we only keep two keys to the garage behind the front desk. Sometimes both keys are being used by guests who are parking their vehicle and one might have to wait. We apologize that you had to wait. Please know that this was not done with ill-intent; as mentioned above we pride ourselves for our hospitality.

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hotel during our impromptu visit to the French quarter this weekend. After stopping by the hotel to check it out (it's thought to be the same hotel from the song House of the Rising Sun) we were quoted a rate that we quite frankly could not turn down. Barbara (at the front desk) was so adorable and helpful. I can not say enough sweet things about her. And the hotel was so conveniently located that going to and from bourbon street was no sweat! Also, the room felt like home! It was so quaint and it truly felt like you expect staying in the quarter to feel like. Overall this was a great experience (despite one encounter with Vince at the front desk regarding a "missing" garage key, but Barbara more than made up for the trouble he caused)! I will definitely return!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Anna Z
Hotel_Villa_Convento, Manager at Hotel Villa Convento, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I seriously LOVE this hotel! The staff is super nice and they go out of their way to make sure your stay is perfect. If you are looking for crystal chandeliers and snobby desk help you should go somewhere else. This hotel may not have 5 stars, but it is so charming. The courtyard is lovely and the rooms are clean. This is the 2nd time we've stayed here and we will be back next year.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Annette V
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Amazing location : 5min to the french quarter and bourbon street.
Staff super friendly and helpfull. Barbara is wonderfull!!
Typical New Orleans architecture.
A MUST go!!
We payed $100 for 3 people, one night on june 25th.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank lufalmax
Reviewed June 19, 2013

While it's not the classiest hotel in New Orleans, it has everything I needed (comfortable bed, hot shower, free wifi, and even tea-making facilities) at a bargain price, and I doubt you would find friendlier or more helpful staff anywhere. I arrived just before check-out time, so they upgraded me to a balcony room at no extra cost so that I could move my bags in immediately. I left to attend a conference and returned when it was finished, and again they gave me a balcony room at no extra charge. It's a block and a half from Bourbon Street and convenient to the French Markets, and while it's about half a mile from the best seafood restaurants, walking through the French Quarter is a pleasure. Okay, it's a little shabbier than the photos on the website suggest, but so am I, and when I have the good fortune to visit New Orleans again, this is definitely where I'll stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank N0MAD
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

My dog and I stayed here while our French Quarter residence was undergoing some major repair work. The hotel is only a couple of blocks from my home. I have recommended it to my friends when they visit and they always enjoy it. The staff is super nice and spoiled us rotten during our stay (my dog still tries to pull in there as we walk by!). Everything worked fine. It was clean. The one tiny concern I did have was addressed immediately. It's also locally owned and operated. The house itself is of 19th century construction and is well-located to great coffee shops, restaurants, and music venues. There really isn't any reason to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2012