“A Week Stay at Grenoble House”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Grenoble House

Grenoble House
Ranked #1 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Las Vegas, Nevada
“A Week Stay at Grenoble House”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

We just returned from a week stay at Grenoble House. Our party consisted of six adults staying in three seperate rooms. Each of the rooms had a different floorplan. Our room was a 2 floor, king bed suite. The lower floor had a nice size living room wilth a full couch, chair and flat screen TV. The kitchen had a table with 4 chairs and all of the usually kitchen accessories. I made the mistake of packing coffee and go-cups. All of that stuff was already there and the full size frig was loaded daily with bottled waters. The upstairs bedroom had the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. All of the linens were of high thread count and the pillows were perfect. There was a TV , a valet stand and 2 chesterdrawers. A large walk in closet and nice size bathroom completed the floor. The air conditioning was quiet and efficient.
My husband and I each work a 5 star hotels, so it's impossible for us not to nit pick the service aspect of any property. The charming and helpful front desk was fabulous, the young man who carried our bags was great. The housekeeper was fast, efficient and invisible. Absolutely perfect !
The hotel, itself is conveniently located 1 block off of Bourbon Street. Their policy is an old style on of leaving your key at the front desk each time you go out. We3 returned at ALL times of the day and night and never had to wait for anyone to let us in. One of the lovely features of this property were the courtyard tables and the morning continental breakfasts. There was an outdoor swimming pool, but we did not use it.
In my opinion, the Grenoble House is the place to stay in New Orleans.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank tomatoworm95

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Hebrew first
Dundas, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Right from the minute we walked in the doors, we were welcomed with open arms and a warm smile.
Great courtyard room, quiet and clean. Great staff, and security is a non-issue. Staff even helped us get to the airport on time. They truly work very hard to accommodate all their guests, even these crazy Canadians! Love the free bottles of water everyday!
Hotel is in a perfect location, one street from bourbon. So you get the comfort, without the craziness.
This place is a gem that won't stay hidden for long. When I return to New Orleans, there's only one place I'd stay, at the Grenoble House.
Thank you very much!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Razor905
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

This is an amazing place to stay. You are only 1 block from Bourbon Street so it is very convenient, but you are far enough away that you are not disturbed from the noise there. EVERYONE is so friendly and helpful. Our 1 bedroom suite had a full service kitchen and a large dining and living area. The courtyard is a great place to relax and read. During our stay, the pool and hot tub were not operational, but they are working on that. The breakfast is limited to pastries, granola bars, coffee, orange juice and fruit. Adding cold cereal would be nice, but this is adequate. You are only 2 blocks from Canal Street where you can get the trolley ($3/day - a real bargain) to areas outside the French Quarter such as the Garden District, Jackson Square and others. The Grenoble House is definitely where we will stay on our next visit!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank SteveJ3305
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

Well run Funky place with huge rooms and all managed by the lovely Chantal. Perfect location, esp if you have conference at the Superdome hotels, but want French quarter access. It was a nice morning walk over. Breakfast could be upgraded , otherwise brilliant.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Ozonian
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

The pictures do depict correctly a Spanish designed Hotel in the French Quarter, that is clean, picturesque and tidy. The 2 bedroom suite was a huge size for my 2 adult daughters and myself. It was located facing Dauphine St frontage. I note an earlier post stated that they heard nothing from the street but on Friday and Saturday night that I was there I heard everything (and I mean everything) till 4am at least.

As this hotel is not designed deliberately as a Westin, Sheraton etc but more as a B&B style, I also agree I thought the staff were personable, friendly and genuinely interested in your requests. Unfortunately the overall experience just didn't meet my expectations but to be fair, I am not sure whose fault it was.

Room Tip: If staying a Friday or Saturday night be careful about the street frontage rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Mark S
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

I cannot say enough about this place. It is not a super exclusive place with all the bells and whistles, but it is clean, spacious, is in a fantastic location, and the staff is excellent. Far enough from Bourbon that you can sleep at night, close enough that you can walk a block and be right in the middle of all the action. Full kitchen, free bottles of water, restocked every day. I highly recommend staying here on your next trip to NOLA.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sheila W
Coldbrook, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

My family and I stayed here for a few days and absolutely loved it! The staff are so friendly and full of good ideas for where to eat and what to see. They were even kind enough to take all of our (heavy) bags up to the third floor.

The room was very clean and comfortable. The kitchen was nice to have, although if you're going to New Orleans don't spend too much time cooking for yourself, their food is amazing!

The location is perfect as well.

I would absolutely come back to stay in this hotel if I find myself in New Orleans again, which I hope to!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family