“Wonderful down home place !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grenoble House

Grenoble House
Ranked #2 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
london
“Wonderful down home place !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

Well run Funky place with huge rooms and all managed by the lovely Chantal. Perfect location, esp if you have conference at the Superdome hotels, but want French quarter access. It was a nice morning walk over. Breakfast could be upgraded , otherwise brilliant.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Ozonian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Hebrew first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

The pictures do depict correctly a Spanish designed Hotel in the French Quarter, that is clean, picturesque and tidy. The 2 bedroom suite was a huge size for my 2 adult daughters and myself. It was located facing Dauphine St frontage. I note an earlier post stated that they heard nothing from the street but on Friday and Saturday night that I was there I heard everything (and I mean everything) till 4am at least.

As this hotel is not designed deliberately as a Westin, Sheraton etc but more as a B&B style, I also agree I thought the staff were personable, friendly and genuinely interested in your requests. Unfortunately the overall experience just didn't meet my expectations but to be fair, I am not sure whose fault it was.

Room Tip: If staying a Friday or Saturday night be careful about the street frontage rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Mark S
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

I cannot say enough about this place. It is not a super exclusive place with all the bells and whistles, but it is clean, spacious, is in a fantastic location, and the staff is excellent. Far enough from Bourbon that you can sleep at night, close enough that you can walk a block and be right in the middle of all the action. Full kitchen, free bottles of water, restocked every day. I highly recommend staying here on your next trip to NOLA.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sheila W
Coldbrook, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

My family and I stayed here for a few days and absolutely loved it! The staff are so friendly and full of good ideas for where to eat and what to see. They were even kind enough to take all of our (heavy) bags up to the third floor.

The room was very clean and comfortable. The kitchen was nice to have, although if you're going to New Orleans don't spend too much time cooking for yourself, their food is amazing!

The location is perfect as well.

I would absolutely come back to stay in this hotel if I find myself in New Orleans again, which I hope to!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Spacious rooms, all amenities you would need. The staff was super friendly and helpful! We did have a front room close to the street; however minimal noise carried into the bedroom! Felt very safe and comfortable here. I would definitely stay here on my next trip to NOLA!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SullenGirl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

My husband, teenage daughter and myself stayed here for a week and found our suite to be perfect. The staff were like family telling us the best way around the city, best restaurants, what we should try and always concerned for our welfare. They even printed out our flight tickets for us. We stayed in room 204 which has 1 bedroom with 2 queen beds, living room and a kitchen. Could never had stayed in a hotel room for a week so this place was perfect for us. You can't beat the location as it is in the heart of the French Quarter and it's within walking distance of everything. You leave your key with the front desk when you leave (there is always someone there, 24/7) and pick it up when you return. Never have to worry about where your key is. Although it is only 1 block from Bourbon St. it is very secure since we rang a buzzer outside the door and they would let us in. They knew everyone staying in the hotel so there was never a threat of someone who didn't belong there. There is a pool in their cute courtyard but the weather was too cool for us to enjoy it. They have Wi-Fi which worked great. We hated saying good-by. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Teet4
Hammonton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

I came to Grenoble House for my brothers bachelor party. I got two suites and both were amazing! Totally out did my expectations and the hospitality that we all received was great as well. Being a large group of guys most hotels would have been skeptical but not Grenoble House. They welcomed us with open arms and both rooms had a very homey and cozy fell to them. The one room that we got was a two story suite and the price was outstanding. Thank you for your hospitality and I would totally recommend Grenoble House to anyone that I know traveling to New Orleans.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends