“French Quarter Gem!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Grenoble House
Ranked #1 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
“French Quarter Gem!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Spacious rooms, all amenities you would need. The staff was super friendly and helpful! We did have a front room close to the street; however minimal noise carried into the bedroom! Felt very safe and comfortable here. I would definitely stay here on my next trip to NOLA!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SullenGirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

My husband, teenage daughter and myself stayed here for a week and found our suite to be perfect. The staff were like family telling us the best way around the city, best restaurants, what we should try and always concerned for our welfare. They even printed out our flight tickets for us. We stayed in room 204 which has 1 bedroom with 2 queen beds, living room and a kitchen. Could never had stayed in a hotel room for a week so this place was perfect for us. You can't beat the location as it is in the heart of the French Quarter and it's within walking distance of everything. You leave your key with the front desk when you leave (there is always someone there, 24/7) and pick it up when you return. Never have to worry about where your key is. Although it is only 1 block from Bourbon St. it is very secure since we rang a buzzer outside the door and they would let us in. They knew everyone staying in the hotel so there was never a threat of someone who didn't belong there. There is a pool in their cute courtyard but the weather was too cool for us to enjoy it. They have Wi-Fi which worked great. We hated saying good-by. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
4 Thank Teet4
Hammonton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I came to Grenoble House for my brothers bachelor party. I got two suites and both were amazing! Totally out did my expectations and the hospitality that we all received was great as well. Being a large group of guys most hotels would have been skeptical but not Grenoble House. They welcomed us with open arms and both rooms had a very homey and cozy fell to them. The one room that we got was a two story suite and the price was outstanding. Thank you for your hospitality and I would totally recommend Grenoble House to anyone that I know traveling to New Orleans.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I found the Grenoble House by happenstance. All of the other hotels in the French Quarter were booked up when I was looking . By fortuitous searching I finally found this location. It is NOT a hotel! All of the rooms are nicely decorated with full kitchenettes, which can be a life saver when one does not want to fight the crowds for a late night nibble. It is also a perfect location for families or those who do not want to eat out for every meal.

When I booked the room, Vic, the owner, confirmed the dates personally. The entire staff was very welcoming and helpful when I arrived very late. They even procured the essential Diet Coke for the room. (Some people have their "needs" that do not make sense to anyone else.)

The rooms still use traditional keys, which are to be left at the front desk to minimize losing them in the French Quarter and inviting unsavory folks from raiding one's room whilst out and about. There is always someone awake and friendly at the front desk to buzz one in regardless of the hour. Even though I never arrived back to the Grenoble House in an "unfit condition", which could easily happen to one while taking in the festive atmosphere of the local bars, pubs, and restaurants, I have little doubt that the staff would assist such a person reach their room.

Despite being in the heart of the French Quarter, the rooms are surprisingly quiet, albeit, as long as the other guests are courteous with their noise level. I did not experience any disturbances but voices do carry in the courtyard, which can be heard in the rooms.

Because of the historical value of the Grenoble House and the endless difficulties Vic experienced with the insurance company, there are still a few renovations and upgrades being added. Vic was gracious enough to make sure that the WiFi was strong enough to accommodate all of my computer networking needs.

I highly recommend this location for anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Scotty S
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Charming townhomes and the people were great. The staff were friendly and very helpful. I thought the proximity to the noise would be a problem but I slept fine. I'm definitely looking to stay for my next visit!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marco B
Bushwood, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I have been coming to New Orleans for many years and have stayed at various hotels (most recently the Bourbon Orleans and the Hotel Monteleone). However, they cannot compare to the charm of the Genoble House. The staff are so welcoming and friendly. They truly want you to enjoy your experience while visiting their city. From here on out the Grenoble House will be the only hotel we will be staying at while in New Orleans! L. Brown

• Stayed March 2014
Haughton, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough about the Grenoble house. My husband and I stayed here for the weekend. The service is perfect, very personable. We felt very safe. The units are spacious with everything you would need. They even had bottles of water that were complementary in the fridge. They do not have parking but there is a public garage just down the street. The location is perfect as it's right around all the action from bourbon street but still quiet. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple