The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Ranked #18 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Traveled for a long weekend stay during which I was planning on proposing. Prior to the trip, I worked extensively with one of the Roosevelt's concierges, Brennan, who did a fantastic job in providing information and helping to set up a perfect weekend. The hotel room (King Suite) was fantastic: roomy, comfortable, and certainly luxurious. A separate living room and bedroom, a walk-in closet, and a bathroom with intricate tiling. One can only hope that all hotel beds are that comfortable.

Regarding amenities, we managed to have meals at both the coffee shop (convenient, tasty food) and Domenica (excellent Italian fare, delicious pizzas, even better happy hour specials). We visited the pool, which was small (we did not swim), but had really nice views of the city. All the staff we dealt with we courteous and friendly, and we did not want for much of anything during the stay.

Overall, a great stay - awesome, old school luxury feel throughout. In addition, it's easy walking distance to the French Quarter, and to plenty of restaurants and must-see sights.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite if possible; higher level rooms allow for a better view of the city.
1  Thank Chris C
TheRoosevelt, Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Chris C,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor Community. We are delighted that you had an unforgettable time the last time you stayed at The Roosevelt New Orleans. We are overly delighted that you shared your engagement with our hotel and pleased that Brennan was able to make this moment magical. Thank you for your kind comments about our amenities and delighted that you were able to dine in Domenica. We hope that your travels do not keep you far from New Orleans and that you visit us for many anniversaries to come.

The Roosevelt New Orleans Team Members

Write a ReviewReviews (3,972)

Reviewed June 16, 2014

The Roosevelt definitely delivers as an elite hotel in New Orleans. This was my first stay, and I was blown away. I originally booked a standard king room for my fiancee and I (I proposed earlier in the day and got the room to celebrate), but I emailed the staff and told them my plans. They quickly informed me they could upgrade me to a luxury suite, which ended up being one of the nicest rooms I've stayed in. Upon checking in, we were personally met by Albert, one of the personal concierges, and he guided us to our room and even helped with our luggage. Shortly after settling in, a bottle of champagne and strawberries was sent up, another great touch. All in all, it was more than I could have asked for. The bed was great, the shower was great. My fiancee loved the tub. It was huge. We had dinner plans that night, so we didn't have much time to explore. We did spend about an hour at the rooftop poll. It is small and was crowded, but the drinks were great and the atmosphere was very relaxing. I'll definitely make sure I stay at the Roosevelt the next time I'm in New Orleans.

Dear Sean1,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor community. We are always overjoyed when guest share life milestones with our hotel. We want to congratulate you on your recent engagement and hope you have a lifetime of happiness. We are pleased that Albert, our personal concierge, was able to exceed your expectations and make this joy time. We hope that your travels do not keep you far from New Orleans and you are able to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

The Roosevelt delivers exceptional comfort, great service, and a perfect location that will make your New Orleans trip even better. Visit the spa and rooftop pool. The Sazarac lounge is always fun too.

• Stayed: February 2014
TheRoosevelt, Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Hi tupelohoney66,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor community. We are delighted that you had exceptional service the last time you stayed at The Roosevelt New Orleans. At The Roosevelt New Orleans, we believe that we do create a wonderful city oasis for our guest. We hope that your travels do not keep you far from New Orleans and if you are able to return you are able to stay with us again.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel! My family was just passing through New Orleans, and this hotel was just what we wanted! The lobby is out of this world gorgeous with marble eveywhere and ornate chandeliers. The room was beautiful, very spacious with large, comfortable beds and a large bathroom. The hotel is in walking distance from all of the attractions, and the staff was very knowledgeable with directions!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Hello Amy C,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your recent experience with our TripAdvisor community. We are delighted that during your travel through New Orleans you were able to stay at The Roosevelt New Orleans. Thank you for your kind comments about our gorgeous marble and ornate chandeliers. We hope that your travels do not keep you far from the Crescent City you are able to stay with us again.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

This hotel is over the top. This was my second stay. Room was ready upon early arrival, upgraded our entire group to suites. If you are a diamond member, this is your spot. I have stayed here with non-status members of Hilton and they had the same excited reaction to the hotel. Great location, out of the French quarter noise, but close enough to be right there. The pool is a great hangout. Enjoy the drinks and chill. Really a great place with nice people working there.

Room Tip: Tower 2 is ideal for great rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear ElliotL37,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor community. We are delighted that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay. Staying at The Roosevelt New Orleans, it creates a city oasis because our hotel is close enough to the attractions but you can definitely slip away and relax. We are pleased that you were able to stay at our pool and enjoy the New Orleans Sun. We hope that your travels do not keep you far from New Orleans and you are able to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Stayed for 5 nights on my first trip to New Orleans. The hotel is located across the street from Bourbon Street so location is fine. The lobby is quite beautiful and the restaurants are also very nice. We spent a few hours in the Fountain lodge listening to a 3 piece jazz band and the atmosphere was fun. Albert our concierge was great. We were not only escorted to our room we were given maps and tips on where to go and how to get there, he spent a good 20 minutes helping us get the lay of the land. We are HHonors members so we were upgraded from a standard King to a King suite. 650 sq. Ft with a separate sitting area and second powder room. The room was exceptionally clean and very nicely furnished. There were 3 tvs in the suite one in the main bathroom. The rooms were quiet which was appreciated. The pool is small but the area is very nice. My experiences with the front desk were only positive. They are on top of everything, one night we told housekeeping we didn't want turn down service and the front desk called us to confirm this. I called the concierge desk about a rental car for a day and was given a quick and accurate response which saved me doing my own research, and their recommendations for authentic BBQ were exactly what we wanted (The Joint). I have to stop to single out a couple of staff members. Randy was outside of the hotel everyday that we were there either hailing us a cab or giving us directions He was great, he always put a smile on my face and could not be more helpful or pleasant. George the bellman as well was very personable and friendly. My only complaints are these. There is no coffeemaker in the room, for me this is a pretty big complaint but for others might not matter. Second and also a big one, the bed was way to soft, again a personal preference.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade!
1  Thank Michelle G
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary. It's convenient to everything. It is expensive though! ! $5 Cokes and near $20 burgers! ! $ 42 Valet parking! ! WHOOO! ! I will say though, for those prices, I can't complain because it was worth it in my opinion. I booked with my Visa Signature and got several perks included. $25 Dining credit, free Wi Fi, Breakfast at the Fountain Lodge and a room upgrade! ! Front Desk clerks were outstanding! ! (Shunta & Courtney) Room Service was outstanding as well. Exceeded my expectations! Great experience for us! Next time we're in the area, guess where we're staying?!! Better start saving now though! ! Ha!!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple