“A unique experience”

The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Ranked #21 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our 2nd anniversary Sept 2013. We were upgraded to a basic two room suite which was lovely. This hotel, like the NYC Waldorf Astoria is a high end experience hotel, to be admired and appreciated as a throwback to a bygone time. If you allow yourself to do so, pause to admire the fine finishing of the design touches in the lobby and the Sazerac, which give the hotel tremendous character. The drinks at the Sazerac were made with such craftsmanship, they were like drinking 'art'. When staying at an 'experience' hotel like this I don't expect ultramodern luxury features, so character, charm and ultra-high level service are what you're paying for…and what we got. The concierge made perfect recommendations for whatever we desired to do that day…or eat…not to mention they would call ahead and make all the arrangements for us, lend us complimentary umbrellas, and even arranged for fresh flowers in the room for our anniversary for a very reasonable price (this was a nice surprise for my wife). The rooftop pool bar was just amazing; small pool and jacuzzi. The food at the pool bar was fabulous as well. Very nice gym, classy, clean and great quality equipment. We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Broadspectrum
Write a ReviewReviews (4,088)

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Beautiful older hotel in New Orleans, just off Canal Street. The service was spectacular; thanks to our private concierge Peter PLUS all the other wonderful staff. We were in the care of folks who genuinely cared that our stay be the best it could be. Two great bars right off the lobby - we never made it to the Sazerac - but it looked like a lot of fun was going on there. Instead, we went right next door to the Fountain Bar and stayed there 4 hours the first night! A big thank you to a very special Kimberly M. - she was funny, attentive, friendly, professional - and a delight. Our room was spacious and well appointed. Bath was a little small but that was no big deal - it had a television in it so we could watch the football game from the tub! Great location - walked to Jackson Square and many other destinations very easily.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Anne C
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I think in the proper weather this place could be spectacular. The pool area and bar would make this place great. As it was in November I will still say it was a nice place to stay. Not world class but a beautiful lobby and a nice bar.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fgbaloh
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This hotel is a fine business hotel. Luxury it really isn't, not by my definition. The room was small and overpriced. The walls were extremely thin so I could hear my neighbors talk and hear their television. Maid service came at 930 on a Sunday morning to make up the room. The coffee at the cafe was milky and not really a cappuccino. I would stay at the Windsor Court or the Four Seasons for luxury. The lobby was packed with people and with really no place to sit. The Sazerac Bar is a gem but was packed also. Luxury is opulence, grandeur , splendor . This hotel has none of these attributes.

Room Tip: The deluxe king is a small room for the price I paid
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank NYCSBH
TheRoosevelt, Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear NYCSBH,

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and will keep your comments on our amenities and service in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.

Best,
The Roosevelt Team Members

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I read the reviews and ended up choosing this hotel (mostly because the others I wanted were already booked up!) The "face-to-face service" was great but the
behind-the-scenes" staff could use some improvement. Housekeeping was minimal - no refreshing of the used items. I left generous tips every morning and didn't feel like the room was left to typical standards. And my room was teeny tiny! I noticed the room was never vacuumed - the same crumbs were there my entire stay. I had to roam the halls looking for housekeeping to ask for additional Kleenex. The nighttime turn-down service was much more thoughtful though! I wish I could I have tipped them. Front desk was terrific. I have medium status with Hilton Honors and they seemed to acknowledge that, although couldn't help me with an upgrade due to hotel availability. My expectations were low knowing that it was an old hotel. Overall, it was better than I though it would be, but I might try another hotel the next time.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I was there for a convention, and initially picked the place because it was one of the hotels recommended by the meeting. It was a nice and luxurious room. I travel often for meetings and I have stayed at multiple hotels all around the world. The Waldorf Astoria has been the best hotel I stayed at.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Room was clean, bedding fresh, super comfortable bed and service outstanding. The nightly rate is a bit pricey, however, to be steps away from Canal St there is a cost. Very nice for a couples romantic get-a-way. Overnight delivery trucks were a noicey so just be prepared to be awakend at times.

Room Tip: Choice a room away from the loading dock.