“no hilton honors perks :(”

The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Ranked #18 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed April 24, 2013

So my husband and I are hilton honors members, I actually gold which is significant since if they have availability they are supposed to upgrade the room and also include breakfast. or give hilton gold members access to their lounge (which has food and drinks at certain set hours), anyway, the reason I bring this up is because this hotel does not participate in such nonsense. I've notice as a whole Waldorf Astoria claims that every single guest should be treated equally and so that is the reason they don't like to participate in such a program that distinguishes individuals. But the truth is that there are differences between guests. If I travel a lot and always stay at a Hilton I think I should be recognized as VIP AND TREATED SO.

That being said the hotel is divine, it is beautiful , service is great and it is centrally located without being on top of Bourbon street which you would never want to do. But if I knew that there would be no perks I actually would have just at the W or somewhere else because this was pricier.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank em m
TheRoosevelt, Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear em m,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. We at take a great deal of pride in meeting our customer’s expectations and are disappointed anytime we fall short of that goal. Your input and concerns are appreciated.

Again, thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to my attention. We value your business and will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations.

The Roosevelt Team Members

Write a ReviewReviews (3,972)

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Before I jump into my review, I will attempt to qualify myself as a worthy reviewer. I travel every week, all over the world, and am OCD about cleanliness, especially when I am traveling. I always look forward to coming to the Roosevelt. Yes, I have Hilton Honors status, but the items I list below are regardless of status.

This hotel is the best. Why?
- The rooms are ALWAYS immaculate, beautifully decorated, stocked with all the complimentary items you need (Ferragamo toiletries, sewing kit, complimentary shoe shine...).
- The rooms are quiet (this is New Orleans...right in the French Quarter after all)
- The wifi works. This should be enough.
- The beds are absolutely divine comfortable. The sheets are the softest things ever.
- The bathroom linens - ALWAYS white, soft, and new. I hate when you stay in a hotel and the towels are 15 years old, dingy gray, and hole-y.
- Did I mention the rooms are awesome?
- The gym is fully equipped with free weights, the best up-to-date and well kept cardio machines, kettle bells, even foam rollers.
- Dominca restaurant is in the hotel, is reasonably priced, and I prefer the food here over the 5 star $$$$ restaurants any day. (Note: I am also a food snob)
- Teddy's Cafe and Sazerac Restaurant will bend over backwards to give you what you are looking for. 2 scrabbled egg whites without oil? No problem. And only $4.xx. Arugula salad with fresh lump crab meat? Always my favorite...and < $20.
- Service..omg everyone is super nice and the "real" nice...not the fake nice. I needed a cab to drive me a few blocks. The cab drivers were mean and wanted the "airport" customers. Bellman told them to keep moving...and wouldn't accept that behavior.
- The location - very convenient to Walgreens/CVS (for when you need something quick), the French Quarter (for when you need something FQy), the CBD (for when you need to get work done), the mall, etc...

1  Thank tipsypink
TheRoosevelt, Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear tipsypink,

Thank you so much for taking time and letting our Trip Advisor community know about your recent stay. We really do appreciate your detailed review and ecstatic that you are a patron of our hotel. It brings us great joy to hear that are outlets are more than wonderful, and that you have a pleasant experience each time you stay. We are also very pleased with the compliments you had for our bellman, and we will pass them along to their manager. We will look forward to your return and hope that your travels do not keep you far. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Roosevelt is a Waldorf Astoria Hotel which should imply "Upscale, Upscale, Upscale." The lobby and adjoining areas were nice; however, the hallways to the rooms were dated and appeared to need a fresh makeover...not in terms of modernizing, but the carpets were in great need of replacing. The room was nice and comfortable.

We had a problem with the air-conditioner. Maintenance staff was quick in responding and obviously knew what they were doing. Hotel staff did a good job and made one feel like they appreciated your business.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DealScout
TheRoosevelt, Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear DealScout,

Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was disappointed that you went through some inconveniences while staying with us. I understand that you found our property to be somewhat dated and in need of a makeover. I truly regret if you were disappointed in any way and sincerely apologize if we did not meet your expectations. We strive on providing our guests with an exceptional stay and I apologize if we did not deliver this for you. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property.

Again, I thank you for your review and assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.

Best,
Mark Remer
Front Office Manager

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was able to check in early which is always a BIG plus. I am a neat freak and a germaphobe, and this hotel passed the test. Even though it is an older building, it did NOT have that musty neglected feeling. Beautiful lobby. The rooms are well decorated, and the bathroom was immaculate- yay! There was a cool clock/ radio/ sound system so that I could play music from my iPod. For room service, I ordered the Sazerac bread pudding from the hotel restaurant downstairs - yummy!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
TheRoosevelt, Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear CLP5,

Thank you for taking time and letting our Trip Advisor community know about your recent stay. We saw that you traveled to our hotel for business and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our amenities in your room which helped you relax. We hope that your travels do not keep you far from New Orleans and that you return soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The rooms were great, the lobby impeccable and the restaurants a great place to meet and have a lunch with friends. It's located on Canal, close to all the locations in the French Quarter, all walking distance to shopping, bars, Artist Square. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Dear CarolineFTC,

We are so very pleased that you had an exceptional time at The Roosevelt Hotel. Thank you for taking time and letting our Trip Advisor Community know about your recent stay. We are so very pleased that you thought our property was beautiful and luxurious. We hope you had a splendid time at The Roosevelt Hotel and we look forward to your return. Thank you again for your review and recommending The Roosevelt Hotel to others.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

True to the reviews we read, this is a classy and elegant place. Yet it wasn't so ostentatious that it was uncomfortable. We felt very welcomed and at home (and we are not ostentatious people). The décor, cleanliness, freshness of every amenity was most pleasing. We had a king bed - deluxe and it was excellently appointed and spacious enough for the two of us. The beds are soooo comfortable - seriously! The bath was quite nice - loved the shower and the soft, absorptive towels. We did not eat in the hotel as there were so many other places we wanted to try. But the Teddy Café served up excellent coffee and fresh, tasty pastries. Very nice gift shop with some reasonable prices as well. Service was friendly and helpful. Convenient to walk anywhere in the French Quarter and excellent access to the Trolley to take you most anywhere else you might want to go. We definitely would stay there again and recommend it to anyone.

Dear vetten,

We are so very pleased that you had an exceptional time at The Roosevelt Hotel. We saw that you visited us during business and we are delighted that you had a wonderful time in our city. Thank you for taking time and letting our Trip Advisor Community know about your stay at our hotel. We really do appreciate hearing from our guest. We are so very happy that you enjoyed your king bed and that you had a comfortable stay. Thank you again for writing a review and recommending us. We hope that your travels do not keep you far from New Orleans and that you return to us again.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I am a diamond member with Hilton so I use points to stay here. Upon arriving we were very early, we were greated very warmly and advised we had ben upgraded to a suite, but it wasn't ready. They asked for my cell number and said they would call as soon as the room was ready. We checked our bags with the bell hop and went out to enjoy the city.

At 1:30 they called and said the room was ready, just in time as I needed to relax some. We went back and received the keys, again by a wonderful warm receptionist. They put us on the 12th floor and a corner room. It was nicer than either my wife or myself could have imagined. We had a slight view of Canal street and a slight peek at the river.

Evry service person or anyone involved that wore a hotel badge always treated us like we were welcomed and consistently asked if everything was alright. A few managers even asked if there was anything more the hotel could do for us. I really appreciated the care they showed to the guests. Again it's all reciprocal, and we also showed our appreciation back.

We stayed for 4 nights and were there for the French Quarter Festival. This hotel is just far enough from the French Quarter that it allows you to relax and enjoy some quiet. I don't think there is anywhere in NO that you can escape the steady sound of sirens, no matter where you are.

The rooms were clean and kept clean daily. We did get a night turn down twice, but not sure why it wasn't daily. No big deal in my opinion. We did use the on sight retaurant but will detail that in another review. We did not d breakfast her or use the spa. I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Upper room give you some views depending on which way the windows face. But it is surrounded some by...