“Luxury in a great location”

The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Ranked #21 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Luxury in a great location”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed at the Roosevelt hotel for two nights and had booked a basic king bedroom. It wasn't enormous but a good size with high ceilings and everything was top notch. The shower in the bathroom was particularly good and the bed was great and bed linen superb. There was a TV in the bathroom but, to be honest, I would have preferred a coffee maker in the room. To order a coffee from room service would have cost the price of the coffee plus the tax, plus a $4.50 charge plus a tip - someone suggested on a previous post that it would cost around $17 !
The coffee bar has a daily happy hour, from 3 'til 6 I think, where pizzas and drinks are half price - very popular.
Valet parking was $42+tax+tip per day - extortionate. We parked our car at Lasalle Road hospital car park which is less than a ten minute walk away for $6.25 per 24 hour period.
Bathrobe and slippers are provided and, nice touch here, small slippers for ladies and larger ones for men.
The hotel is located in the business district but right next door to the French Quarter - only a few minutes drive from Interstate 10 ........ literally. Great location.
The rooftop pool area is lovely, and large considering the downtown location. All in all we had a great stay and would certainly use the hotel again.

2 Thank moiSouthampton
TheRoosevelt, Public Relations Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear moiSouthampton,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We see that you traveled to New Orleans with your family and we hope that you had a wonderful time exploring our city. We are pleased to see that you were pleased with your room and loved the bed linens. We hope that your travels do not keep you far from New Orleans and we will be waiting for your return.

The Roosevelt Team Members

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (587)
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, Ca
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We were here for a conference. Our suite was lovely and very comfortable and had a guest bathroom. Main bathroom did not have a bathtub. I saw a couple of different rooms. The rooms seem to greatly very in size.This was our first stay at this hotel. We have stayed at the Windsor court many times. I like both of these hotels and would not hesitate to recommend either one. The lobby at the Roosevelt is magnificent. The room was well maintained. Sazerac bar was very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank traveledfar
Dear traveledfar,

Thank you for stopping by Trip Advisor and letting our community know about your last business stay. We are pleased to hear that you loved our luxurious beds and suites. We know that traveling to conferences can take you away from the comfort of home and we are glad that you were able to find it at our hotel. We hope that if your travels bring you to New Orleans may it be for leisure or business you will consider staying with us again.

SKILLMAN
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I am a meeting planner and had my group stay here for a conference. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous and the service was outstanding. In my opinion, if you are trying to decide between the cookie cutter Marriott, Hilton, Sheraton (etc.) or the Roosevelt, you must go for the Roosevelt. It is an experience of its own just staying there. The architecture is like amazing, the "Blue Room" so historic, the rooms are spacious and inviting. The ONLY problem I had was with cell service, since the walls are so thick. Stay at the Roosevelt - you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear TARA D,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our Trip Advisor Community. It gives us great pleasure to hear that our hotel made your conference a wonderful, memorable experience. We will definitely communicate your testimonial to our Sales and Event Managers. They make sure along with the other Roosevelt Team Members that each group is attended to. We know that putting on a conference can be a little hectic and we surely try to easy our meeting planners minds with making sure those things run smoothly on the hotel end. Thank you again for taking time to talk about your experience in our historic hotel and we hope that if your conference is back in New Orleans next year you consider having it at The Roosevelt Hotel.

Virginia
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

In many ways, the hotel was good - friendly staff, decent room furnishings. Our room, however, was exceedingly tiny. One bedside table doubled as a desk, and the desk chair was the only chair for the room. The other bedside table just barely cleared the door to the tiny bathroom. We would have been better off staying at either the nearby Marriott or Hilton hotels.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Bill H
TheRoosevelt, Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Bronco1Bill,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are very happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay and that you found our staff to be friendly, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us.

I truly apologize if you found our rooms to be too small. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I sincerely apologize if we were not able to deliver this for you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that I will take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.

Mark Remer
Front Desk Manager
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was very very excited to stay here, visited NOLA with my brother for the first time and everyone said that the Roosevelt will just add to the charm. Our experience started with a standoffish check-in person, can't remember her name just remember the indifference in her tone of voice and actions, she walked away twice while checking me in, not sure for what, just walked away once even to the back office. Friendly wouldn't be a word to describe her.
The concierge greeted us at the front desk, (although we were told he would meet us up in the room?) to walk us to the room. He was very polite and knowledgeable, he helped me arrange a couple of tours, he assured me that everything was taken care of and that all charges will show on my room folio….which they weren’t.
The room was beautifully appointed; bedding is awesome and clean as a whistle. The housekeeping staff was unbelievably helpful, polite and thorough. I was very happy with my room, rooftop pool was very nice and people seemed to enjoy it. Location is awesome and the gift shop was really reasonably priced and such nice helpers there too.
I was sorely disappointed in breakfast on Sunday morning, although there were 4 tables at the most in the whole restaurant we were sat…and never saw our waitress…$27 for the breakfast buffet and not even a good morning from the waitress…such disappointment. After we finished breakfast I had to tell the hostess that we have not seen anyone during our breakfast experience…if they were busy I would maybe understand but there was no excuse…sloppy service.
A bit disappointed that I didn’t experience the charm that everyone spoke of, maybe you will.

4 Thank TheMangoMan
Dear TheMangoMan,

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was disappointed to read that not all our staff courteous toward you. I sincerely apologize if our front desk staff and restaurant waitress did not provide you with the level of customer service you deserve. I can assure you that your satisfaction is our main concern and I have personally spoken to our staff so that this does not occur again. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered

Mark Remer
Front Desk Manager
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Don't stay here room tiny view a concrete wall. No coffee pot. Pillows lack integrity. Elevator shaky. Not comfortable at all. Everything is charged and high. I feel like they have stuck it too me You may think I am a cheapskate but I will pay gladly fir upscale if that's what I would get but honesttlyvi have stayed at grander hotels for more money and felt I got m yt? Moneys worth not here and stayed at lesser priced hotels and had better too. Will not recommend. Ps I am still here so all of your polite responses don't work if you don't adjust the general operations of the hotel. I need a better room

• Stayed March 2013
6 Thank jimmmi
TheRoosevelt, Front Office Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear jimmmi,

Thank you so much for stopping by Trip Advisor. Whereas we promote a luxurious stay and memorable experience with hopes of receiving a positive guest response, we certainly appreciate knowing where a continued growth opportunity is available. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further about your guest experience.
Not only at The Roosevelt, but Hilton World Wide, we strive to provide the industries best in service and amenities. The dissatisfaction in your stay is a tremendous concern to the team and look forward to further information about any short comings. Thank you for your constructive response and being our guest.

Best,

Mark T. Remer
Front Office Manager
mark.remer@waldorfastoria.com
Clinton, Mississippi
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have stayed at several hotels in New Orleans over the past 45 years and since its renovation, there currently is no better place than The Roosevelt. It is withing walking distance of the Quarter, the Riverwalk, shopping and great restaurants. The service is the best in NOLA and the hotels restaurants are excellent. The rooms can be small, but if you select a Deluxe Room, you will be happy. Valet parking is available but expensive. Check-in is quick and easy.

Room Tip: Select the deluxe room.