The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
$179
$153
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$116
$249
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Breakfast included
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$118
$299
$259
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$179
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
$111
Hotels.com
4,199 results
All reviewssazerac barfountain loungeteddy's cafedomenica restaurantbeautiful hotelpersonal conciergethe blue roomfrench quarterking suiteturn down servicechristmas decorationscanal streetclassic hotelbeautiful lobbyroom serviceold worldconcierge desk
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Just finished a 4 night stay at The Roosevelt New Orleans. After rereading the reviews, I have to wonder if we stayed at a different property:

- No matter how much we had the fan running, our room perpetually smelled like deep fried food or old gym socks (even after much discussion, we could not decide with one was a better description). Since the windows are painted shut, we could not get any fresh air into the room.

- I have to wonder about the cleanliness of the room. The night stand had several sticky glass rings on it, in the bathroom toothpaste was smeared on the vanity.

- The hairdryer was horrible.

- One night we ordered room service: The hotel forgot to deliver the dressing for both salads (after a call it took a while for them to be brought back to our room, by then we were done with dinner). The salad was wilted, the tomatoes not fresh at all, the gumbo the worst I had in NOLA. Overall, not a good in-room dining experience.

- We ordered take out at the Italian restaurant in the lobby (given that the wait for a table was 1.5 hours). We saw the kitchen bring out a takeout bag, and after watching the bad sit behind the bar for 10 minutes, someone finally told us our food was ready - yep it was that same bag. Needless to say, the food was cold.

The only credit I will give this hotel is for their beds. Those were very comfortable.

Given the per night cost of this hotel, I think we can expect better. Next time we will choose a different property in NOLA.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
10  Thank stefChicago
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I paid cash for my room at the Roosevelt. The girl took my money with me not knowing that the room had also been billed to another party. The other party notified me when they received their Visa bill that she, too, had been billed for my room. I asked to view the security video, but guess what?? They had erased it before I was able to prove that I paid with five one hundred dollar bills. The security guy was upset that someone had given me his cell number. I am very disappointed that a beautiful hotel would cover up their employees' theft of my payment. Next time I stay at a hotel, I will demand a receipt whether I had incidentals or not!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
31  Thank lawandorder2012
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My partner and I spent three nights at the Roosevelt in August. Because of the time of year, we were able to get rooms at an extraordinarily reasonable rate. We spent six weeks' in total in the USA, and without a shadow of a doubt the Roosevelt provided the absolute high-point in terms of accomodation. Nothing could be faulted, the staff were lovely and attentive, the room was immaculately clean and beautifully appointed, the guest areas were stunning, and the dining options were wonderful. I can also heartily recommend the sazeracs at the Sazerac bar. I honestly cannot praise the place highly enough. Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike T
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed in room 21050 (10th floor) for four nights. This is a one-bedroom suite with a king bed. Very end of the hallway and super quiet. The Roosevelt is quite nice. Service is excellent. Short walk to French Quarter and Bourbon Street, but far enough away that it’s not crazy/loud. Wal-greens on corner.

Pros
Great service
Great bedding
Robes/slippers
Spacious room with good light
Turndown service
Easy walk to Bourbon Street - but far enough away to be mellow
Asked for high floor/end room and we got exactly what we wanted
Good front desk staff
Super helpful concierge

Cons
$14.95/day for wifi and it’s only good for one device – why is wifi free at the Hampton Inn but not at the Waldorf?
Two free waters in the room for entire stay. Again, this seems so cheap. Stayed at the Andaz in NYC recently – free wifi, free coffee bar in lobby, free snacks and non-alcoholic drinks in room. Such a nice touch.
Expensive room service (to be expected)
Pool bar was never open when we stopped by (once closed for private function and another night the pool was open but no bar)
Limited counter space in bathroom

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank MaineIzzy
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed at The Roosevelt for a weekend getaway to celebrate my pregnancy with close family and friends. We each had our own separate rooms here, yet all had the same experience.
There is no doubt that the entrance and lobby area are just, well, amazing. Very rich colors, a warm and welcoming feeling. It takes you back to those glitzy old Hollywood days.
The rooms are set up very well (we stayed in a deluxe queen). They were very clean and kept up very well. The bathrooms were nice. The little "living room" area is a great, separate feature to have.
The beds were very comfortable, cannot complain there.
However, the room was unreasonably warm...in all of the rooms. The thermostat only let you set it to a certain degree. That degree was not cool enough for that room at all. If anyone has a husband and father like mine, sleeping in a warm room makes for a very unpleasant person!
To me, the allure of The Roosevelt is perhaps greater than the actual stay itself. However, the stay is definitely not a bad one. Are there better hotels in the area? Certainly. Are there worse? Absolutely.
When it comes down to it, would I stay there again? I definitely would.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family